Save the Children International
Position: Child Rights Governance Intern
Reports to: Regional Programme Officer CRG
Location: Hatfield, Pretoria
Duration: 5 months Fixed term Contract
Save the Children International is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Supporting the monitoring, reviewing and preparing reports on the Child Rights Governance programme –
- Assisting with travels, logistic arrangement and communication with partners including working group meetings of the Southern Africa Rights Networks Committee in preparation, including logistical, organisational and hosting responsibilities, July- Dec 2015.
- Assisting with the preparation for, and following of, the regional support and feedback from partners and SC country offices. (research, summary reports) –
- Providing administrative and logistical assistance, including for member organisations, thematic sub-groups (assisting to arrange meetings, visas, flights, filing, etc.) –
- Supporting the communications strategy, including social media and our website - participating in on-going activities including research projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Fluency in English, including ability to draft clear and concise reports.
- The ability to work and write in some African languages from Southern Africa region will be an asset.
- Commitment and experience in child rights or related issues.
- Preferably a University degree in international human rights law, political science, international relations or other related disciplines
- Knowledge of the international law and African law including UN human rights mechanisms would be an asset.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently in a fluctuating schedule. Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Photographic experience.
Please send cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 3rd July 2015