Chemonics International is seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates to serve as Finance Director for the USAID-funded South Africa Low Emissions Development Project (SA-LED), which will support the Government of South Africa in its efforts to expand low emissions development, or “green growth” in South Africa. Chemonics International Inc. seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
The Finance Director will be responsible for a range of financial, accounting, and administrative reporting responsibilities. S/he will oversee project finances and budget, Prepare cash requests, review all expenditures, review monthly financial reports, reconcile and balance local bank accounts, ensure accuracy and timeliness of local employee time sheets. Interact with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis.
Main duties will include:
- Monitor and manage office lease agreement, equipment service contracts, and relationships with outside vendors;
- Ensure that best practices are in use in the management of local professional and support personnel;
- Liaise between Chemonics long-term local staff and the HO in terms of employment, financial, personal, or other issues as they arise;
- Oversee the management of the central system for filing and archiving of all relevant administrative, contractual, and personnel documentation;
- Work with technical staff to ensure the filing and archiving of technical and programmatic documentation;
- Manage the daily activities and logistics for short-term consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting required;
- Minimum 5 years international project management experience, including managing field offices and supervising local employees required;
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with financing and accounting for USAID projects;
- Detailed knowledge of grants management processes and procedures, including USG regulations for compliance and oversight;
- Experience managing staff of locally hired personnel and overseeing field projects for USAID funded contracts.
Send electronic submissions by July 22 to SA-LEDRecruit@chemonics.com. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.