FHI 360, South Africa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer: Government Support
Working under the supervision of the Director: Training and Capacity Building, the Technical Officer: Government Support will manage and coordinate capacity development assistance and support activities to the SAG. The Technical Officer: Government Support will assist with the recruitment and secondment of Technical Advisor to the SAG; management and quality assurance of their deliverables to the SAG and integration of HIV Prevention and Treatment Strategies into projects; ensuring sustainability of the technical assistance and monitoring and evaluation of the output and impact of the technical assistance provided to the government.
- Coordinate the capacity development and technical assistance activities provided to the SAG;
- Facilitate the recruitment and secondment of Technical Advisors to the government;
- Assist Technical Advisors to incorporate HIV prevention, treatment, care and support in their programming, approach and strategy;
- Coordinate the capacity building of the Technical Advisors and SAG officials on current developments on various topics such HIV prevention, treatment, care and support programming and monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide technical and management support to seconded Technical Advisors and ensure that deliverables produced are of high and satisfactory quality;
- Monitor and evaluate the output and impact of technical assistance provided to the government according to the Results Framework and Performance Management Framework; and
- Contribute to writing workplan, reports and other deliverables related to capacity development assistance to the government.
- Master’s degree in public health or health related field;
- 8 or more year(s) of relevant experience in HIV prevention, Treatment, Care and Support programming;
- Demonstrated experience in training, capacity building and technical assistance to the SAG;
- Demonstrated knowledge of PEPFAR 3.0 HIV Prevention and ART program monitoring processes including indicators;
- Skills and ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, including people of diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong communication skills including presentation skills;
- Excellent writing abilities with attention to detail and high quality reports; and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to assess priorities, competently manage a variety of tasks and meet tight deadlines.
The Job ID for the position is15852
Interested candidates can apply by sending their cover letter and CV via our Career webpage: http://www.fhi360.org/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be in possession of a valid South African ID document, permanent residence or an unrestricted work permit.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.