IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a National Administrator, based in Johannesburg.
The social entrepreneur must be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, and want to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in a by-youth for-youth educational movement that empowers young people to take their futures into their own hands.
The national administrator is the first port of call for the organisation, both externally and internally. S/he is responsible for coordinating logistics of national meetings, travel and scheduling, and is the custodian of contracts, records, minutes, impact and financial data. S/he ensures that all staff have the resources and information they need, and assists staff with all administration pertaining to reporting (impact, donor and annual). He/she provides administrative support to the finance and HR teams. S/he is responsible for all national event and meeting logistics (travel and accommodation, scheduling, etc.)
This post would be best-suited to someone with excellent administration skills who's interested in gaining high-level experience and insight into the inner workings of a fast-growing, high-impact national non-profit.
Scheduling and logistics:
- Scheduling natcom meetings, flights and accommodation;
- Scheduling Board and Sub Com meetings;
- Taking and disbursing minutes from natcom and other meetings;
- Provision of documentation required by donors and partners (due diligence, photos, etc.).
- Administrative assistance to the National Coordinator, Finance team and HR Coordinator;
- Assisting branches with admin tasks;
- Ordering and distributing learning materials;
- Liaising with service providers;
- Version control and accessibility of NB docs;
- Assisting the team with the info, documents, templates, processes and tools they need in delivering the programme at branches;
- Procurement and couriering of IY branding material (Regional banners, pamphlets) and business cards.
- Leave administration and related inquiries for branch-based & DC staff;
- Assist in adhoc HR administrative duties (shortlisting and scheduling interviews);
- Assist with ad-hoc requests to support the HRGC and study assistance committee.
- Facilitate payments, procurement of credit cards etc;
- Assistance in collecting asset register detail;
- Review of competitive quotes and supporting procurement for branches and GP office;
- Consolidate monthly expenses for GP based National staff;
- Undertake investigative and research based work as per the regions needs/requirements.
General and office management
- Supporting team in the GP office and ensuring good and healthy work environment;
- Managing seasonal interns;
- Coordinate administrative activities of the GP Office (booking meeting room, office supplies, etc);
- Key liaison with the Business Centre;
- When the office moves: Locate suitable business premises and coordinate relocation;
- Provide all admin/office management for all employees based in GP, including booking flights, car hire, collating receipts, printing & scanning, stationary etc).
Event management and logistics - National Strategic Planning Week (NSPW)
- Coordinate all travel, accommodation and catering;
- Drive scheduling and agenda;
- Contract facilitators / trainers together with the national coordinator.
- Minimum of three year degree and two years work experience or five years relevant work experience;
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task in an environment that uses virtual communication;
- Quick learner;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Highly organised, self-reliant, good problem-solving, results-oriented, multi-tasker with superior administration skills and excellent judgment;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with both external stakeholders and team members;
- Decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritise and self-manage;
- Excellent track record in project management.
Salary: R13 351 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “National Admin” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No late applications will be accepted.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.