Diakonia Council of Churches
The Diakonia Council of Churches is an ecumenical, inter-church agency, working with churches and church organisations in the pursuit of a more just society. By this the organisation means an improved quality of life for the poor, as well as changes in attitudes and structures which perpetuate injustice.
Diakonia Council of Churches seeks to appoint a Manager for the Diakonia Centre, based in Durban.
The role of the Manager: Overall management of the Diakonia Centre as a preferred service provider to ensure profitability. Previous experience of working in a business and conferencing environments will be advantageous.
- Manage and lead a team of staff;
- Optimise the productivity of the Diakonia Centre;
- Maintain financial and administrative systems and procedures + Work with budgets and forecast plans;
- Actively engage with tenant organisations and maintain good working relationships;
- Ensure Diakonia Centre is compliant with statutory and organisational requirements;
- Report to the governance structures of the organisation.
- Requisite tertiary qualification;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial position;
- Financial management skills;
- Marketing and business expertise + People skills;
- Project management;
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, energetic and enthusiastic;
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task;
- Willingness to work outside regular working hours when required;
- Ability to handle pressure and stresses related to job responsibilities;
- Computer literacy (word, excel, internet and social media);
- Ability to integrate social media platforms into the communication and marketing strategy;
- Good ability to analyse situations with strong problem solving skills;
- Affinity with the organisation’s ethos, vision and mission;
- Good communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken).
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with other likeminded organisations. The successful candidate will be an active member of one of our member churches, and will be able to provide the name and contact details of their Minister as one of their referees. Two other contactable referees, names, email addresses and numbers are needed. Providing this information is giving the organisation permission to contact referees.
Please seek the permission of referees before submitting their names and contact details.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees, motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position and your salary expectations to the Director Diakonia Council of Churches at email@example.com or hand post to Diakonia Centre, 20 Diakonia Avenue, Durban 4001.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants are informed that applications, copies of qualifications and CVs will not be returned. The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment. Shortlisted applicants will be required to demonstrate their abilities during the interview process.
For more about Diakonia Council of Churches, refer to www.diakonia.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.