Pride Shelter Trust (LGBTI Crisis Centre)
The Pride Shelter Trust is a nonprofit organisation raising funds for and managing a shelter offering short-term accommodation to members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) community of greater Cape Town during crisis periods in their lives.
The Pride Shelter Trust seeks to appoint a part-time basis (half a day, five days a week) Fundraising & Training Administrator, based at the Pride Shelter,
The successful candidate will administer the Pride Shelter Trust’s fundraising efforts, co-ordinate training/development programmes for the shelter’s residents and staff and undertake a range of administrative tasks. The position requires a highly motivated, self-driven and well-organised individual to fulfil these tasks effectively and efficiently.
The Fundraising & Training Administrator will report to the Board of the Pride Shelter Trust, with the Executive Director being the first point of contact.
- Research potential local, national and international funders and donors;
- Assist with drafting a comprehensive fundraising strategy based on research findings;
- Administer and execute the solicitation of donations, grants and funding for general use and specific projects by writing letters, submitting funding applications and compiling requests;
- Cultivate individual major donors;
- Ensure all donors and funders are communicated with on a regular basis;
- Initiate and maintain an up-to-date database of all existing and potential funders and donors;
- Organise fundraising events;
- Use social media to achieve fundraising goals;
- Produce funding reports;
- Manage the Executive Director’s diary and travel arrangements related to fundraising meetings.
- Review the training needs of the shelter’s residents and staff and research empowerment/social development courses and other training courses that suit their needs.
- Recruit, manage and evaluate trainers;
- Design, implement and monitor key training/development courses for the residents in collaboration with trainers;
- Prepare training materials in collaboration with trainers;
- Book relevant training courses for staff;
- Book and/or prepare venues and meeting rooms for meetings and training workshops;
- Be the first point of contact for residents wishing to find out about training courses;
- Research and apply for funding for such courses.
- Provide administrative support across the office, including PA support to the Executive Director and back-up administrative support to Matron as required;
- Undertake specific activities that may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time;
- Liaise with Matron regarding the ordering and stocking of materials and refreshments for meetings and training courses;
- Assist with the Pride Shelter Trust website and social media (Twitter and Facebook).
- High school qualification (Matric) essential; secretarial college qualification preferable;
- Experience of fundraising and/or of coordinating training courses desirable;
- Fluent in English with a working knowledge of one other South African language (preferably Afrikaans or isiXhosa);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organisational, logistical and administrative skills with a strong eye for detail and the ability to undertake day-to-day tasks without supervision;
- A positive and friendly disposition whilst maintaining a professional demeanour when engaging with internal and external stakeholders;
- Smart and presentable at all times;
- A high level of IT proficiency (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint);
- A driver’s licence is essential and owning your own car would be favourable;
- Commitment to the Pride Shelter Trust’s mission and values;
- LGBTI-friendly, if straight.
To apply, submit a two-page CV and one-page motivation letter outlining how you fit the job description and person specification to email@example.com, with Fundraising & Training Administrator as the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
We accept applications from non-LGBTI candidates.
We will only contact shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.
For more about the Pride Shelter Trust, refer to www.pridesheltertrust.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.