St Anne's Homes
The organisation based in Woodstock, Cape Town, is a NGO under the patronage of the Archbishop of the Church of the Province of South Africa, whose main objective is to offer support, shelter, care and empowerment to destitute, distressed and abused mothers and their children enabling them to become independent, confident and self-sustaining.
St Anne's Homes provides shelter, care and rehabilitation and empowerment services to abused, pregnant and destitute women with children. We are based on Christian values and principles.
St Anne's Homes seeks to appoint an Auxiliary Social Worker, based in Cape Town.
The Auxiliary Social Worker will have a minimum of two years experience.
- Provide support and assistance to the social worker;
- Strong admin skills;
- High level of team behaviour;
- Network with potential businesses for job opportunities and local psychosocial support organisations;
- Represent St Anné Homes at meetings and networking forums;
- Facilitate skills workshops;
- Assess effectiveness of workshops;
- Run job hunting workshops;
- Assist clients to seek employment;
- Link clients to appropriate training courses and empowerment opportunities.
- Auxiliary Social Worker certificate and proof of recent registration;
- Minimum of two years experience;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English, ability to speak Afrikaans and at least 1 African language;
- Knowledge of professional protocol;
- Computer literacy;
- Committed Christian;
- Good spiritual, physical and emotional health;
- No use of illegal drugs or prescription drugs;
- Maturity to assume the responsibilities for young women in care;
- Have an open opinion of teen parenting and adoption;
- Must have a valid SA driver's license;
- Must have permanent SA residency;
- Understanding of faith and NGO sector an advantage.
To apply, submit a three page CV, motivation letter, proof of registration and three contactable references to the Director at info@stanneshomes or fax to: 086 297 3917.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 3 July 2015.
For more about St Anne's Homes, refer to www.stanneshomes.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.