African Democratic Institute
The African Democratic Institute (ADI) is a nonprofit, non-governmental Institute aimed at enhancing democratic values to encourage more democratic leadership on the African continent..
ADI seeks to appoint a full-time Head of Programmes, based in Johannesburg.
This position is ideally suited for a person with a vested interested in advancing democracy, good governance and enhancing the quality and development of African institutions. The selected candidate is expected to commence work on as soon as possible, and will be appointed for an initial one-year contract position with a three-month probation period.
The candidate will receive a gross salary of R16 000 (depending on academic level and work experience).
- Manage and implement all projects at ADI;
- Prepare and present implementation and project management strategies;
- Design and execute program monitoring methods, making use of program management processes and procedures of ADI;
- Prepare and file budgets for all projects;
- Ensure project files are up to date;
- Communicate regularly with the Executive on the project roll-out;
- Communicate information about the Institute initiatives to target audiences;
- Oversee the running of projects;
- Ensure constant communication and coordination between all project managers.
- University degree (preferably Masters);
- Solid knowledge/understanding of democratic principles and governance framework;
- Demonstrated experience in project management, implementation and monitoring (either through paid employment or voluntary work).
To apply, submit an updated CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter (maximum two pages) to Thato Motaung at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the African Democratic Institute, refer to www.african-di.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.