Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust
The Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust has a vision of a South Africa in which women are safe in their communities and where the criminal justice system supports and empowers rape survivors in all its interventions. The Rape Crisis Cape Town’s mission is to promote an end to violence against women, specifically rape, and to assist women to achieve their right to live free from violence by reducing the trauma experienced by rape survivors, encouraging reporting of rape incidents and facilitating the active engagement of communities in challenging high rape rates and flaws in the criminal justice system. The Trust plan to achieve this through coordinated action between our three main programmes: (1)the Road to Justice, (2)the Road to Recovery and (3)Making Change.
The Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust seeks to appoint Thuthuzela Care Centre (TCC) Coordinator, based in Observatory, Cape Town.
We recently employed a number of lay counsellors based on site at three local hospitals offering a 24 hour service to rape survivors undergoing forensic examination and treatment after rape.
The role of this coordinator is to lead and manage the counselling teams based at these centres to ensure the delivery of high quality services to rape survivors. The person that fills this post will also be expected to play a part in the successful implementation of all operational plans and activities that advance the organisation as a whole.
The TCC Coordinator will be based at each of the three centres we serve one day a week and at our offices for the remaining two days of the week and will be responsible for the following tasks under the supervision of the Operations Manager: Thuthuzela Care Centre Services.
This is a fixed-term contract position.
- Ensure that the project meets programme targets for rape care centres;
- Ensure that TCC counsellors are fully supported through effective, ongoing supervision and performance management;
- Assist Counselling Coordinators to convene monthly staff meetings;
- Attend routine stakeholder engagements relating to the TCCs;
- Ensure teamwork with administrative and other support services;
- Report on programme outputs and outcomes to the Counselling Coordinators;
- Assess the macro and micro environments, adapting effectively to change and guiding the team appropriately in doing so;
- Engage in networking that supports the development of collaborative relationships with programme stakeholders;
- Meet statutory obligations for rape survivors at the TCC;
- Contribute towards the development of the TCC model for publication.
- Strong interviewing, facilitation and writing skills;
- Ability to deal with multiple activities in an organised and systematic way, establishes and maintains effective relationships with people at all levels;
- Ability to coach and mentor others through the use of effective feedback;
- Ability to keep up with the latest trends in trauma response and rape;
- Concerned with their own active self-development and is able to adhere to clear values and principles;
- Qualified social worker with proof of registration;
- Strong computer literacy;
- Valid driver’s licence and own car required;
- No job experience is necessary as this is an entry level position and new graduates are welcome to apply.
Remuneration: R11 200 - R13 900 per month total cost to company, depending on skills and experience will be offered.
Starting date: 1 July 2015.
To apply, send the following to the Operations Manager, Nazma Hendricks at email@example.com or fax to: 021 637 9432:
- A brief Curriculum Vitae, not longer than three (3) pages including personal details and contact details, job or learning experience in descending order followed by references. Please do not insert any images, certificates or exam results.
- A covering letter or email that outlines how you fit the job requirements.
- The names and full contact details (telephone, fax and e-mail) of two recent referees.
If you do not hear from us by 30 June 2015, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.