Afrikgrupperna (Africa Groups of Sweden)
Afrikgrupperna (Africa Groups of Sweden) Southern Africa has its head office in Sweden. Afrikagrupperna, whose history stems from the Swedish liberation/anti-apartheid movement, is a funding partner committed to social and economic change in 5 countries, (South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia and Angola) in the region. Through close partnerships we hope to ensure that voices from below count in development. As a solidarity organisation we strive to have long and transparent partnerships based on a shared world vision.
Afrikagrupperna has been active through offices in different countries in Southern Africa. It has since resolved to operate from a central regional office, based in Johannesburg, Afrikagrupperna seeks to appoint a Consultant or team of committed and capable people to undertake a short term evaluation of our Organisational Development Programme. Applications are invited to tender for the project. Below is a brief outline of the purpose and requirements; interested applicants can request the full Terms of Reference from Ms Sareldene Van Rooy on +27 082 577 9106.
Overall purpose of the evalution
Explore the strenghts and weaknesses in relation to our partnership model (values and objectives) and particularly in relation to our ambitions to add value to the work of partner organizations.
- Assesment and analysis of the relevance and effectiveness of AG’s role, partnership model and OD interventions
- Assessment and analysis of the efficciency of the the model and OD interventions
- Assessment and analysis of impact and sustainanibilty
The evaluation needs to illicit
- What image do partner organizations have of AG as an organisation and as a partner
- Is AG living up to its stated goals and values of partnership as stated in our LTP and Operational Plan
- If any, what added value has AG brought to the partner organisation
- Have links with Sweden and campaigning added value to the partner organizattion
- What can be improved and/or changed in AG’s way of working
- How will this be measured
- How will these suggested improvements be institutionalized (in other words ecome partn of our PMER system)
- Fluent in English. Expected to communciate in Portuguese
- Knowledge of thematic areas that AG works with
- Knowledge of Southern Africa; understanding of and experience of working in Southern Africa
- Specific skills in organizational development
- Knowledge of evaluation techniques and methodologies
- Good experiece (several years) of conducting evaluations
- Resume of evalutor (s) is required. If more than one person; the leader must be clearly identified in the submitted proposal and will be the favoured contact person for the evaluation.
Forward your covering letter and proposal with full personal details including work experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th June 2015. If you receive no correspondence within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. This is a short term contract for plus/minus 2 and half months. Afrikagrupperna’s telephone number: 27 11 4032336.