Arts and Culture Trust (ACT)
The Arts and Culture Trust (ACT) is South Africa’s premier independent arts and culture funding and development agency that attracts and provides funding for the sustainable development and growth of the arts, culture and heritage in South Africa, actualised through mutually beneficial partnerships between the corporate, public and cultural sectors, focused on making a positive difference to the lives of all South Africans.
ACT seeks to appoint an energetic and dynamic full-time Administrator, based in Johannesburg.
Starting date: 1 August 2015.
- Take responsibility for ACT’s switchboard (screen calls and respond to enquiries);
- Welcome and look after ACT’s visitors;
- Liaise with Security regarding guests and arrange parking;
- Take responsibility for the ACT office’s stationery orders;
- Organise and maintain the office diary;
- Handle typing and filing;
- Deal with and respond to incoming email, faxes and postal enquiries; and
- Clear the ACT Post Office Box in Braamfontein weekly.
- Monitor and prepare payments of ACT grants;
- Prepare payment requisitions for all ACT programmes;
- Keep up-to-date records of invoices and confirmation of payments;
- Reconcile ACT credit cards and other statements;
- Prepare ACT sponsorship invoices; and
- Reconcile programme budgets and expenses.
- Arrange delivery and collection of ACT banners and other promotional material;
- Support PR and Publicity, communications and marketing of ACT programmes;
- Support logistical arrangement of programme events and functions as directed by the CEO; and
- Support programmatic fundraising efforts as directed by the CEO.
- Arrange Board and Committee meetings;
- Book meeting rooms for Board & Committee meetings;
- Arrange catering for Board, Committee and other meetings as instructed by the CEO;
- Arrange travel and accommodation for ACT Trustees and other guests as instructed by the CEO;
- Set-up meetings for the CEO and book meeting rooms as necessary;
- Prepare documents for meetings and circulate in advance of meetings;
- Take minutes at meetings and prepare minutes for ACT’s records;
- Liaise with Service Providers as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills;
- Ability and willingness to learn;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multi-task; and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience in Office Administration;
- Office and/or Arts Administration Diploma or Degree;
- Experience in organising large meetings;
- Experience in arranging travel and accommodation;
- Previous work experience in an NGO environment especially the arts and culture sector;
- Experience taking minutes during meetings and writing reports;
- Experience working with or managing websites; and
- Experience working with Pastel.
Apply online, click here to submit an application.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Arts and Culture Trust, refer to www.act.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.