Lifeline/Childline Western Cape
LifeLine/Childline Western Cape is an organisation of skilled lay counsellors who are there to assist callers and clients facing a crisis in their lives. The role of organisation is to create a safe space for people to share what is happening in their lives.
LifeLine/Childline Western Cape seeks to appoint a Registered Social Worker, based in Tygerberg.
- Degree in Social Work;
- Registered with the SACSSP; a clean record with the Child Protection and Sexual Offences register; Experience in the following fields would be an advantage;
- Providing therapeutic counselling to (sexually abused) children;
- Initiating and running therapeutic groups with children;
- Prevention and Early intervention Programmes;
- Presenting training workshops to adults;
- Developing community programmes;
- Be knowledgeable of South African legislation regarding children and the Child Protection field;
- Community development;
- Youth Development;
- Compilation of statistics and report writing;
- Research community issues;
- Networking with welfare and other agencies;
- Referral Services;
- Excellent Communication and Written skills;
- Excellent Administration skills;
- English and Afrikaans, isiXhosa (optional);
- Fully computer literate;
- Public Speaking skills;
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle essential.
Starting date: 1 July 2015.
To apply, submit applications including a CV with certified copies of qualifications, proof of registration and salary expectation (bearing in mind that we are a Non Profitable Organisation) to email@example.com or fax to: 086 732 7022.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Lifeline/Childline Western Cape, refer to www.lifelinewc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.