Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a candidate with expertise in Office Administration to support the MERL & Human Capacity Development departments.
The Admin Officer will provide an administrative oversight and support to the MERL & Human Capacity Development departments. He/she will be responsible for carrying out the following administrative functions but not limited to:
Minimum Key Functions but limited to:
- Organise all necessary logistics for meetings, training events and workshops
- Develop and maintain integrated travel, site visits, and meetings schedule for program staff and consultants
- Prepare agenda, attend meetings, take minutes accurately and produce reports
- Responsible for travel and accommodation arrangement for the MERL and Human Capacity Development Departments
- Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g. work plans, minutes of meetings, training reports etc
- Assist in tracking work plan activities and deliverables, and keeping staff updated on teams’ progress each month
- Assist with correspondence and other communication among program staff and stakeholders and manage the diary for the Team
- Develop and maintain filing (electronic and hard copy files) and tracking systems, contacts lists, and resource library
- Conduct topical research using internet and other available resources
- Assist in gathering information related to completion of GCBS activities by different teams in order to ensure adequate documentation for reporting
- Continuously liaise with various service providers and manage the relationships.
Minimum Educational Qualifications, Experience and Key Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Office Administration
- Grade 12 certificate and/or Diploma in Office Administration or relevant qualification will be an advantage
- Experience in organising large meetings and training events
- Previous work experience in an NGO environment especially USAID Funded will be an added advantage
- High energy, self-motivated, independent worker who is highly organized, results oriented and deadline driven
- Excellent attention to detail required for minute taking and report writing
- Good at juggling competing tasks and ability to stay calm under extreme pressure
- Ability to work in a high profile and fast paced environment
- High level Computer Literacy in MS Word; MS Excel; Power Point; MS Outlook; Internet and Typing
- Must be South African permanent resident with fluency in English and preferably one local indigenous South African language
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel substantially.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letter with a subject line “Admin Officer: MERL & Human Capacity Development” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday, 09 June 2015 @ 16h00
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 2 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.