Masibumbane Development Organisation (MDO)
MDO seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, based in East London, Eastern Cape.
The M&E Officer will contribute to the development of the overall monitoring and evaluation framework; prepare the workplan and a detailed budget for M&E activities, including data collection, data analysis, strategic dissemination and utilization of findings to improve performance.
Supervisor’s Title: Provincial Technical Advisor (TA)
Duty Station: East London
Duration: 100% Full Time, Fixed Term Project
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide overall management for the design and implementation of the LinkCARE M&E system, working closely with other LinkCARE staff, consultants and District Support Partners (DSPs) and provide progress updates to the Provincial TA, donors and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the project personnel to develop a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan showing how targets and outcomes will be measured.
- Serve as the primary point person for all monitoring and evaluation related work including information-gathering process for results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed.
- Work closely with SA Partners M&E Specialist to develop and refine various LinkCARE data collection instruments (both quantitative and qualitative), and maintain a results database to aggregate data.
- Train LinkCARE staff and partners on the accurate use of the monitoring systems, providing ongoing coaching/support through regular site monitoring visits, and ensure quality control and problem solving as needed.
- Maintain contacts with M&E/ Information Officers of the key stakeholders e.g. ECDoH and DSPs
- Document good practices, lessons learned trends, cross-cutting policy, implementation issues, analyse and interpret data to provide information to the project’s Principal Recipient on strategic programme impact.
- Research and collect content and stories about the project's achievements to provide feedback to the Provincial TA on project strategies and activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the project
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Provincial TA in preparing relevant reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
Education and Experience:
- A Degree /Diploma in Health, Social Science, development studies, statistics or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in applied skills in designing and implementing M&E activities, capacity building and formative or operations research for HIV/AIDS. PEPFAR experience a plus.
- Knowledge of HIV surveillance issues, quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques, and data analysis techniques. Experience with management information systems.
- Knowledge of District Health Information System (DHIS), current DOH indicators and targets, and South African Health Information Systems indicators.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Strong knowledge of the DHIS
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with participatory monitoring.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, and problem solving skills; excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with DoH and other government agencies.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills and expertise with relevant software.
- Demonstrated ability to produce reports and to represent project findings to project stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills; capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork, and motivating partners to achieve results.
- Quick learner and self-starter with ability to take initiative and work in a start-up and team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and present data in a highly organised manner.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the Eastern Cape.
- Driver’s license essential.
Deadline for applications is Friday, June 12th at 16H00.
For more information including a detailed job description or to submit your cover letter and CV email to email@example.com