Masibumbane Development Organisation (MDO)
MDO seeks to appoint a Provincial Technical Advisor (PTA). The PTA will oversee Provincial activities in the Eastern Cape and Western Cape Provinces.
The PTA will, in alignment with NDOH’s ‘Guide for Strengthening Linkage to Care, Retention in Care and Adherence to Treatment of Chronic Diseases’, support the roll-out and implementation of linkage and retention programmes, I ACT and Care and Support interventions. This will be done in accordance with national policies and guidelines; will build capacity of Provincial DOH and other Provincial government departments; increase adherence to national policies and guidelines; and facilitate I ACT and other programmes institutional/ technical capacity building, dissemination of programme tools and guidelines, as well as support program coordination and advise on policy. The PTA will further manage the LinkCARE programme in these Provinces managing staff and critical relationships with partners and other key stakeholders.
Supervisor’s Title: Interim Executive Director
Duty Station: East London
Duration: 100% Full Time, Fixed Term Project
Travel Required: 50%
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide guidance, support and technical assistance to the Provincial Department of Health (PDOH) regarding the development of policy strategies, tools and resources for linkage and retention programs and the coordinated dissemination and use of these resources;
- Provide technical assistance to South African Government (SAG) as it implements National level policies, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and guidelines at Provincial and Local levels;
- Build relationships with PDOH and other Government Departments in Province at all levels including other stakeholders by building and strengthening partnerships with Provincial Government and other stakeholders at a high level;
- Represent the project at Provincial Department of Health, Care and Support Directorate (amongst others) meetings and forums;
- Ensuring coordination of activities in Province; and
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key Provincial and District partners.
- Contribute to the development of Provincial level programme annual strategies, work plans and continuation proposal,
- Liaise with the LinkCARE National Programme Manager and National Technical Advisor to implement the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategies;
- Supervise and mentor provincial programme staff by providing clear strategic direction, input and feedback in line with the national plan;
- Provide administration oversight, including developing and tracking work plans monitoring and data collection and collation at a provincial level;
- Ensure that various internal Provincial reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- Represent the programme as needed at provincial and district meetings;
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon
Education and Experience:
- Advanced Degree in public health/social sciences/administration and/or related field;
- Substantial experience and demonstrated success in the programming and management of community-based projects in the public health sector.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in the field of HIV and AIDS programming, public health and/or the NGO sector, ideally in the area of Care and Support in South Africa.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, and problem solving skills;
- Excellent programme management skills including managing programme budgets and spending; programme planning as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills; capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork, and motivating partners to achieve results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in spoken English and Xhosa will be an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable about NDOH and DSD policies and procedures as well as demonstrated experience working collaboratively with DOH and other government agencies.
- Quick learner and self-starter with ability to take initiative and work in a start-up and team oriented environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritise and multi-task as well as ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy essential with excellent Microsoft Excel skills and ability to analyse and present data in a highly organised manner.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within South Africa.
- Driver’s license essential.
Deadline for applications is Friday, June 12th at 16h00.
For more information including detailed job description or to submit your cover letter and CV email to email@example.com