Robin Trust is a Christian based NPO, located in the Oude Molen Eco Village, Pinelands, Cape Town, providing health services including sub-acute hospitalisation, frail and dementia (Alzheimer’s) residential care, training to both home based carers and nurses as well as community health care services through our “Community care @ home” programme – placing EN’s, ENA’s and home based Carers with patients in both private homes and institutions.
Robin Trust seeks to appoint a Registered Nurse (RN), based in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Agency Manager, the RN will implement all Agency activities and services.
- Selection of EN’s, ENA’s and Carers to join the panel;
- Conducting orientation, training and skills development workshops for panellists;
- Managing conduct and performance issues with panellists as necessary;
- Demonstrates due process in panellists’ discipline;
- Developing appropriate marketing strategies and partnerships for the Agency;
- Overseeing all administrative processes including the issuing of panellist contracts, verification of timesheet and payments, dealing with medical aids and medical facilities;
- Ensuring that quality assessments are completed and that feedback is reviewed, prioritised and actioned as necessary;
- Conducting detailed patient assessments either at the patient’s home or in a medical facility;
- Conducting patient assessments prior to admittance to the Robin Trust Sub Acute facility(in conjunction with medical aid partners and programmes);
- Selecting panellists for specific patients and ensuring that a full on site orientation is conducted with the panellist at the commencement of the assignment;
- Provision of clinical care to patients as required;
- Do monthly client home visits and auditing of client files.
- Be a registered Nurse with up to date SANC and associational registration and membership;
- Minimum of three to five years of clinical practice coupled with relevant work experience in the managed health care industry;
- Reliable own transport and a good geographic knowledge of Cape Town and environs;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to function effectively unsupervised and in high pressure environments;
- High levels of empathy;
- Good staff management experience;
- Know of disciplinary procedures, enquiries and grievances;
- Ability to manage administrative responsibilities with the delivery of patient care;
- Be self-managed and disciplined in approach;
- Knowledge of medical aid administrative processes, IT10 codes, preauthorisation protocols.
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Correspondence will only be entered into with those under consideration for the roles. Should you not hear back from us within 10 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Robin Trust, refer to http://robintrust.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.