The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB)
The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) is a leading marine nonprofit organisation with a vision to conserve seabirds and other sea-life, especially threatened species such as the African penguin. As an organisation SANCCOB has experienced exceptional growth over the past five years in its core conservation activities of rehabilitation, oiled wildlife response, specialist veterinary service, research and education.
SANCCOB seeks to appoint a Receptionist, based in Cape Town.
This is a three-year, fixed-term contract basis, commencing duties 1 July 2015.
Reporting to the Business Manager, applications are invited.
- Managing the switchboard, screening and directing calls in a professional manner;
- Secretarial duties including welcoming guests, administrative tasks, preparing for and taking minutes of meetings;
- Maintaining office stock and supplies, etc;
- Assist with basic bookkeeping duties, including writing receipts, invoices, maintenance of the petty cash register and record keeping;
- Assisting the Marketing department with certain events and general administration;
- Assisting the Executive Director and the various departments with ad-hoc duties.
- High school diploma (a receptionist / secretarial qualification will be advantageous);
- Proven organisational and time management skills;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office package);
- Valid Code 8 drivers’ license and own transport;
- The candidate must be professional, courteous, friendly, able to work well under pressure, communicate with people of variable ages, group size and ethnic backgrounds, have an ability to problem solve, be systems & detail orientated, follow policy and be flexible.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.
For more about SANCCOB, refer to www.sanccob.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.