FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 36is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing, locally driven solutions.
FHI 360 seeks to appoint a Grants Officer to be based in the Pretoria, South Africa office.
The Grants Officer will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Capacity Development and Support Program (CDS) Finance, Operations and Budgeting unit on efficient grants and contracts management and monitoring ensuring full compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Undertake pre-award assessment process and ensure both acquisition and assistance type of organization have the capacity to appropriately receive funding
- Assist with cost analysis of proposal and application budgets for cost realism
- Assist to convert proposal and application budgets into Sub-award Financial Report budget format or payment and deliverable schedule
- Assist to track grantee cost share contribution for each sub-recipient as appropriate
- Assist in review of grantee financial reports and providing feedback for appropriate corrective action
- Assist to track the implementation of Special Award Conditions (SACs) that were included in each award agreement
- Develop and maintain tracking systems on other identified sub-recipients' compliance issues
- Provide training and orientation to sub recipients on donor rules and regulations as well as the organization's policies and procedures
- Liaise with Finance to track and update Sub-award Tracker (SAT) with all sub-recipient information and circulate monthly
- Generate monthly subs budget to actual reports and circulate to respective staff
- Monitor the budget revisions thresholds for sub-recipients and ensure amendments to sub-agreements are developed and processed in a timely manner as need
- Facilitate the sub-agreements' close out process
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting or Administration
- Working knowledge of OMB Circulars and legislation for USG Grants and Cooperative Agreements and USAID -specific assistance regulations
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in financial management, with a minimum of 2 years' direct work experience in grant management and administration
- Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions
- Prior experience with international non-profit organizations preferred
- Broad conceptual judgement, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, including editing and proofreading
- Proficient computer/ software skills, including a strong command of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time
Interested candidates may apply for the position via the FHI 360 Careers site: www.fhi360.org/careers. Should you require assistance on how to apply, contact 012 762 4000.
The Job ID for the position is15718
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Preference will be given to South African citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess such which permit work for FHI 360. FHI will not support visa applications in this regard.