DOCKDA Rural Development Agency
Flexible working hour’s dependent on funding
DOCKDA works with community organizations in the rural areas of the Northern Cape to provide & promote empowerment and leadership development opportunities for rural women in those community organisations. Through the DOCKDA Leadership Programme, rural women’s chances to develop and become psychologically and economically self-reliant and empowered in the Northern Cape rural communities are increased.
DOCKDA seeks to appoint an innovative, self-motivated Director, based in Cape Town who reports directly to the Board.
The successful candidate should have a passion for community development and women empowerment in the NGO sector as well a genuine commitment towards community organisation.
- University degree with 7 years experience, preferably in an NGO environment;
- A completed Social Sciences University Degree
- 4 years people management experience, including other Human Resources functions
- An unendorsed driver’s licence & willingness to travel
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, emailing
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- A proven track record in fundraising
- Previous experience in having informed the strategic direction of an organization
- Fluency in Setswana
- Implementing a fund raising strategy, fundraise and account for organizational funds.
- Provide strategic organizational direction and conceptualise and implement an organizational growth strategy.
- Take ownership of the overall design of the Leadership Programme & ensure implementation.
- Manage the Human Resources & Finances jointly with a Financial Manager based in Durban.
- Implement DOCKDA Values, Policies & Procedures & update where appropriate.
- Fully account for all DOCKDA activities to the Board.
- Promote DOCKDA’s visibility and development through stakeholder relationship development.
- Fundraising Skills
- Budgetary coordination and ability to work within a budget
- Basic knowledge and interest in HIV and AIDS, and women’s strategic interests and their empowerment.
- Excellent self-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness for ongoing learning
- Ability to work with a team and within diverse groups
- Flexible and adaptable
Submit a motivational letter with a comprehensive CV to Cecelia at email@example.com. Please state your expected salary range and working hours.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal.