FHI 360 South Africa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Enviornment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 seeks to appoint a Contracts and Grants Manager to be based in the Pretoria, South Africa office.
The Contracts and Grants Manager shall be responsible for assessment, development, negotiation, review, compliance assurance and record management with regard to all sub-award (contract and grant) agreements. The position also provides technical assistance and capacity development support to sub-recipients/ grantees in strengthening their award management systems.
- Oversee the solicitation process, coordinating the review of applications, negotiations with applicants, selection of sub-recipients, facilitating donor as well as internal approvals and closeout of completed awards
- Oversee the award negotiations of selected sub-recipients and clarification of sub-agreement as well as preparation of award letters and negotiation memoranda
- Ensure sub-recipients and contractors comply with terms and conditions in the signed contracts/sub-awards
- Initiate and administer yearly contract and sub-award modifications and approvals such as lifting of specific conditions, scope adjustments, personnel changes, budget re-alignment, performance period and all related changes of sub agreements
- Coordinate and consolidate responses and requests to and from contracted clients and sub-recipients.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all USG Rules and Regulations
- Support sub-recipients on Initial Environmental Examinations
- Ensure that all grant related documentation including reporting, deliverables and related financial/ technical documentation are updated, completed and properly filed
- Provide training and mentoring to partners on compliance with relevant rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- In liaison with other staff, conduct site visits to partners to monitor compliance and provide guidance on any necessary corrective actions
- Contribute to the development of systems, tools, templates, manuals, trainings, policies and procedures regarding contract management
- Collaborate with the Finance department to prepare and update grants and subcontract pipelines to inform budget projections
- Be a source to train other staff in standardized procedures for efficient sub-award management
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting or Administration or equivalent qualification
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the administration of USAID Contracts and Grants
- Extensive knowledge of USG Rules and Regulations in Assistance including OMB Circulars and FAR
- Skills necessary to formulate a risk assessment of individual sub-recipients portfolios
- Excellent planning and organizational skills as well as strong initiation skills with ability to manage daily tasks and junior staff
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), editing, proof-reading and presentation skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Poses team spirit dynamics and coordinate across all program units
Interested candidates must apply for the position via the FHI 360 Careers site: www.fhi360.org/careers. Should you require assistance on how to apply, contact 012 762 4000.
The Job ID for the position is 15717
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess such which permit work for FHI360. FHI will not support visa applications in this regard