National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD)
Position Title: Provincial Technical Advisor (X 3 positions)
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Location: Free State, Mpumalanga and Limpopo, South Africa
Reports To: NASTAD South Africa Country Director
Purpose and Description
Based full-time in Free State, Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces, this position oversees and supports the roll-out and implementation of the Link-CARE national linkage and retention programs, I ACT and Care and support interventions in accordance with the national guide for Strengthening Linkage to Care, Retention in Care and Adherence to Treatment of Chronic Diseases. This position reports to the NASTAD SA Country Director.
- Provide guidance, support and technical assistance to the Provincial Department of Health (PDOH) regarding the development of policy strategies, tools and resources for linkage and retention programs and the coordinated dissemination and use of these resources;
- Provide technical assistance to South African Government (SAG) as it develops and implements National, Provincial and Local level policies, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and guidelines;
- Build and strengthen relationships with PDOH, other Provincial Government Departments e.g. Department of Social Development (DSD) and other stakeholders at all levels, including high level strategic partnerships;
- Represent the project at Provincial Department of Health, Care and Support Directorate (amongst others) meetings and forums;
- Ensure coordination of project activities in Province; and
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key Provincial and District partners.
- Contribute to the development of Provincial level programme annual strategies, work plans and continuation proposal,
- Work closely with the Senior M&E/SI Advisor to implement the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategies;
- Supervise and mentor provincial programme staff by providing clear strategic direction, input and feedback in line with the national plan;
- Provide administration oversight, including developing and tracking work plans monitoring and data collection and collation at a provincial level;
- Ensure that various internal Provincial reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- Represent NASTAD at all relevant meetings and conferences as directed by NASTAD SA Country Director.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional ability to take initiative and complete tasks on time.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with partners, staff, and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to monitor and document observed activities and write clear and accurate technical reports.
- Ability to work cooperatively with government agencies, donors and representatives from other external organizations or industry stakeholders and NASTAD SA colleagues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within South Africa.
- Divers license essential.
- Bachelors degree or higher diploma in Health Sciences, Public Health, International Development, or other closely related field
- Minimum five (5) to ten (10) experience in the field of HIV and AIDS programming, public health and/or the NGO sector, ideally in the area of Care and Support in South Africa.
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
- Excellent verbal command of the English language
- Command of at least one official South African language (Xhosa, Afrikaans, Sotho, Tswana, Zulu, Tsonga, Venda etc) preferred.
Environment and Scheduling
- You must have interest in working with a national/international HIV and AIDS public health organizations; working within a diverse work environment; and be willing to travel throughout South Africa as needed.
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR.SouthAfrica@NASTAD.org. Subject line should read “Provincial Technical Advisor, South Africa” only; a cover letter, provincial/location preference (Free State, Mpumalanga and Limpopo), and resume or CV should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants.
Due to the extremely high volume of resumes, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.