HOPE Worldwide (HAR)
HOPE worldwide is Christian Non-Governmental Organisation with a focus on Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Early Childhood Development (ECD) programmes in 5 provinces in South Africa.
The organisation seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer at its Head Office in Sundowner, Johannesburg.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager and Country Director, the M&E Officer will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of an organisational OVC/ECD Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) framework to ensure the effectiveness of its OVC/ECD projects including an Early Childhood Household Stimulation project funded by FHI360/USAID.
- Developing and implementing the organisation’s OVC/ECD MER plan
- Developing and implementing a data quality plan and assessments
- Developing reporting templates for all staff and field workers
- Ensuring the database is maintained and up-to date
- Collating Programme Manager Reports on a monthly basis
- Presenting data, trends and recommendations to management
- Working with donor MER systems
- Ensuring donor reports are submitted on a timely basis
- Training and capacity building staff on MER processes;
- Contributing to the preparation of new proposals;
- Conducting operational research;
- Attending key donor and M&E meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in public health, development, social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience in M&E;
- Demonstrated expertise in MER and preferably in OVC/ECD MER.
- Experience in using database and statistical software such as Epi lnfo, SPSS, etc;
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills essential;
- Computer skills particularly in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- A Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel within South Africa.
Contract duration: 1 year
To apply, submit a CV with contactable professional references and certified copies of qualifications to Melissa.email@example.com
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful. Closing date: May 22nd, 2015