Company: WDB Trust
Job Title: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Report To: Head of Monitoring & Evaluation
Location: KZN (Mfolozi, PMB & Mtubatuba)
Reporting to the Head of M&E the successful candidate will be providing research, data and M&E support to the whole organisation and especially for the execution of both of the Trust key programmes Zenzele Socio-Economic Development and Siyakhula Microfinance.
- The execution phase of the two programmes is a very intensive process. The Coordinator will interact with every single project management process including:
- Planning: Guiding and managing the planning of field staff to ensure that plans are in line with set objectives and organisational goals.
- Coordination: Mapping the process flow value streams and relationships/dependencies across all identified dimensions, analysis of benefits and monitoring completion.
- Developing strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the projects by identifying bottlenecks in projects activities and developing plans to minimise or eliminate such bottlenecks
- Perform Time Management: Enable supervisors and management to control the level of resources allocated to each task.
- Collect, measure and disseminate performance information required to execute the defined tasks to build the required deliverables.
- Calculate the total time spent undertaking each task as well as the total staff cost.
- Identify the percentage of tasks completed and those outstanding and advise planning
- Quality reporting: Guiding Development Facilitators and Assistants to generate objective oriented reports.
- Developing strategies for institutionalising the projects and planning uptake
- The ideal candidate should have Honours/ Master’s degree with 5 years relevant experience in Development Practice, Research, M&E and Information Management.
- Strong planning, organisation, time management and project management skills
- Strong writing ability and ability to provide feedback on structured analysis and writing style to others
- Exceptional verbal communications and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
- Highly organised and able to handle several requests, tasks, and projects simultaneously
- Team player and highly motivated
- Strong level of commitment to quality and excellence
- Proficient in Windows and advanced knowledge of databases
- Advanced knowledge of reporting tools
- Working knowledge of statistics and statistical software i.e SPSS
- Must be able to identify, analyze and address problems in order to resolve issues whenever possible in way that minimises negative impact and risk to the organisation
- A broad knowledge of information security principles (e.g. access control)
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight.
- Motivated and willing to learn
- Developing and reviewing of data collection tools
- Collection of data from various sources – internal and external (primary and secondary)
- Synthesizing, filtering, sorting and analysis of data to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Providing technical support with particular emphasis on collection, interpretation, reporting, aggregation, and evaluation of data
- Input data into the MIS system
- Providing regular projects status report
- Providing results of phase review meetings
- Assisting Field staff and Supervisors in preparation of different kind of reports.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing and strengthening monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Developing monitoring and impact indicators across the logical framework
- Monitoring all projects activities and progress towards achieving the projects outputs and outcomes
- Monitoring the sustainability of the project's results
- Conducting capacity assessment on existing reporting and monitoring and evaluation system and training on these
- Part of the editorial team of the organisation quarterly newsletter
- Part of the data development team for website inputs
- Ensuring that the organisation is kept informed with relevant and up to date developments to guide planning
- Conducting special reviews and research projects in relation to the projects or organisational needs
To apply please email your cv to email@example.com
Deadline: 8 May 2015
Quote on email subject address: Research, Data and M&E Coordinator
If you don’t hear from us after two months of closing date, kindly note that you application was not successful