1. Purpose Statement
SAB Foundation is part of SAB Ltd’s ownership transaction under the BEE codes. The mandate of the Foundation as per the Trust Deed states “to contribute to the economic and social empowerment of historically disadvantaged communities through Community Development by means of Entrepreneurship Development with a priority focus on benefitting women and youth in rural areas as well as persons with disabilities.
This has translated into three exciting programme areas:
- Social Innovation Programme - supports innovation that will improve the quality of life for our beneficiary groups.
- Rural Catalyst Programme – seeks strategic opportunities to build and empower entrepreneurs in rural areas with an emphasis on farming, tourism and Last Mile Distribution
- Tholoana Programme – selects 60 entrepreneurs a year in targeted geographic areas and supports them with 2 years of business development support (with assistance from a service provider) and seed funding.
The Tholoana Enterprise Programme Coordinator will the Foundations point of liaison between entrepreneurs, partners and stakeholders. The focus of the role will be to monitor entrepreneurs progress, continuously improve the programme and seek market access opportunities through the development of partnerships to ensure maximum impact of the programme and maximum success for entrepreneurs.
2. Key Outputs And Accountabilities
Overall coordination of SAB Foundations Tholoana Enterprise Programme which includes:
- Working with business development support service provider to select strong entrepreneurs to take participate in the programme
- Preparing reports on entrepreneurs
- Presenting shortlist to Trustees for approval
- Coordinating mentor gatherings
- Monitoring progress of entrepreneurs through internal management system
- Preparing reports on progress and recommendations for improvement
- Seeking out and connecting entrepreneurs to market access opportunities
- Ensuring that SAB Foundation shares knowledge and learning with other enterprise development programmes
- Engaging with various stakeholders to secure additional opportunities for entrepreneurs to ensure continued learning and growth
- Continual research into other global and local entrepreneurship development programme to ensure the best practice with the Foundation
- At least an undergraduate degree, preferably a BComm or BusSci
- At least 2 years work experience in a related field
4. Behavioural Competencies
- Deep passion for innovation, entrepreneurship and social change
- High energy levels with a bias for action
- A willingness to learn
- A basic understanding of business
- Numerate and literate
- Ability to engage enthusiastically and professionally with multiple stakeholders
- Analytical thinking ability
- Innovative, conceptual problem solver
- Dynamic, open minded and flexible
- Strong verbal ability and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, creativity and ability to mix with other people.
- Ability to work in teams
- Resilient, with strong leadership abilities
- Proven track record of high performance
- Strong project management skills
- A willingness to travel
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Please be advised that short-listed candidates will be required to undergo psychological assessments.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above vacancy within the SAB Foundation. The successful applicant is expected to start as soon as possible. This position is equity bonded and is based in Sandton.
Interested applicants, who meet the above employee specifications, should please submit a covering letter and cv, no later than 30 April 2015 to:
SAB Foundation Programme Coordinator