IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty and into university has once again shown that transformation is possible, despite the odds.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a District Coordinator, based in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
The social entrepreneur must be passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, and want to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in a by-youth for-youth educational movement that empowers young people to take their futures into their own hands.
As an organisation that supports community development, the candidate must be South African and ideally reside in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Steering the strategic direction of the district and enabling growth;
- Budget development and financial management;
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including funders, sponsors and the community;
- Producing narrative and financial reports;
- Site visits to branches;
- Supervise branch staff to ensure that the required outcomes are achieved;
- Provide support and oversight to branch coordinators
- Represent and liaise with branch coordinators for Natcom;
- Fulfill related HR functions for branches;
- Ensure quality delivery of programmes and implementation of IY policies and processes at branches.
- Advanced management skills to manage branches, staff, donors, sponsors, funders, learners, and community expectations;
- Highly organised and efficient;
- Impeccable time management, data collection and reporting ability;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work alone, take initiative, and manage teams;
- Adept at using computers (Micosoft Office, social media and internet);
- Ability to work virtually (many discussions, meetings and document development occur collaboratively online);
- Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy and an outgoing personality will be most suitable for this role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of three year degree and five years’ work experience (ideally in youth development; project planning, implementation and management)
- Own transport will be an advantage
Salary: R17 250 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with “KZN District Coordinator'' in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No late applications will be accepted.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to http://ikamvayouth.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.