The South African History Archive (SAHA)
The South African History Archive (SAHA) is an independent human rights archive committed to documenting and raising awareness of past struggles against apartheid, as well as ongoing struggles in the making of democracy in South Africa.
SAHA seeks to recruit an Intern to support the NGO's administrative tasks.
The work experience will provide an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the different facets of operating an NGO, and promoting social and policy change in the area of human rights, access to information and the preservation of our history and heritage. Graduates with a keen interest in advocacy and human rights documentation in South Africa are invited to apply.
All SAHA internships are based at the SAHA offices at Constitution Hill in Johannesburg. The intern will be expected to work on a full-time basis for at least 6 months (up to a maximum of 12 months) and will receive a modest monthly stipend for the duration of the internship. Administration interns will report to the Administration and Information Officer. Preference will be given to recent graduates who have never been in full-time employment. To learn more about what previous interns (and volunteers) have said about their time at SAHA, please visit: http://www.saha.org.za/about_saha/volunteers_interns_at_saha.htm.
The successful applicant will have the benefit of:
- Gaining work experience in an NGO setting
- Performing supervised office administration-related tasks
- Developing their attention to detail and organisational skills
- Developing their writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Developing their MS Office proficiency
- Interacting with staff of the Struggles for Justice Programme, the Freedom of Information Programme (FOIP) and the Right to Truth Programme
- A monthly stipend
General office assistance
- Receive visitors and respond in a friendly way to their needs;
- Answer telephone calls whenever possible and respond to callers’ requests with a friendly tone of voice;
- Collect and process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Provide general support including general filing, general copying, supply ordering, and mailing preparation.
- Capture workshop registrations and update contact information;
- Prepare and maintain attendance records for workshops;
- Reminder calls/emails to workshop registrants
- Assist in planning process;
- Contribute to a collegial atmosphere and other work of the Organisation as needed.
- Be a South African citizen;
- Recently graduated with no prior full-time work experience;
- Be under 30 years of age;
- Your qualifications and interests should match the requirements of the administration internship programme;
- Ability to commit to the internship for at least six months.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages), contact details of three referees and d a brief motivation letter to email@example.com with “Application for Vacancy: Office Administration Intern” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about South African History Archive, refer to www.saha.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.