Child Rights Programme Manager
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Child Rights Programme Manager facilitates community and civic leadership engagement. The Child Rights Programme Manager will oversee the efforts of the Child Rights Team within the Johannesburg Office as well as aspects of the Trust programmes in the countries where the Trust Works, including interacting with stakeholders at various levels, governmental personnel, development partners, consultants, and other program partners. The Child Rights Programme Manager may be asked to manage staff and should be flexible to supervise other project as needed.
This individual is responsible for facilitating and maintaining relationships on Trust’s activities, projects and programs consistent with the mission, and vision, of the Trust as a whole. This leader will have frequent contact with Trust partners, staff and consultants. The Child Rights Programme Manager will also have regular contact with public, private, non-profit, and philanthropic stakeholders.
- At least a Master’s degree in Social Sciences (preference will be given for degrees in Child Development, International Development, Development studies or a related field)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience gained in child rights, child protection and/or development.
- Sound experience in the development and humanitarian sector in Africa, including policies and strategies in poverty eradication, education and health
- A thorough understanding of both the African political and leadership milieu and a proven familiarity on how to navigate African institutions and fora such as the AU, SADC, COMESA, ECOWAS, NEPAD, Ministerial level meetings and relevant technical and professional associations
- Understanding of Portuguese and/or French would be an asset.