Amandla Development works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities. We do this by building capacity in effective grassroots organizations working in education, in order to maximize their impact.
Amandla is seeking a part-time (3 days/week) pro-active individual Project Coordinator who will develop relationships with stakeholders and encourage their participation in the Collective Network.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and cultivating relationships with community members and stakeholders in government, NGOs, churches, and others to create their own Collective Network. It is vital for sustainability that the community be empowered with the skills to diagnose its challenges and implement solutions.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in managing this process in the Western Cape and Eastern Cape regions.
- Reporting directly to the Project Manager;
- Identifying stakeholders and securing their buy-in;
- Facilitating meetings and workshops;
- Managing stakeholder relationships and communicating regularly with them;
- Driving Collective projects.
- Proven facilitation experience;
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans, isiXhosa a plus;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of software: Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox and WhatsApp;
- Strong interest in education and community development;
- Ability and willingness to multitask and manage shifting deadlines;
- Highly motivated and energetic;
- Comfortable working independently or without direct supervision;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- Basic financial management.
The contract would be until the end of 2015 - subject to renewal.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Mobile: 083 967 0143.
For more about Amandla Development, refer to www.amandladevelopment.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.