Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR)
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is an innovator in preventing violence and building peaceful societies. The Centre adopts a multi-disciplinary approach to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace locally, continentally and globally.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Operations Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will facilitate the development and implementation of project management systems, operating systems, and policies and procedures that will improve organisational and programme effectiveness.
This is a three-year contract position.
The person will report to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of project operational plans;
- Ensure that all staff have work plans aligned to project operational plan;
- Facilitate individual work plan development aligned with project plans.
Monitoring systems and tools
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation strategy and set of tools for projects;
- Design and set up systems, structures, policies and procedures required for project implementation.
Project implementation and monitoring
- Monitor implementation of projects;
- Provide support and mentorship to the Administrator to ensure the implementation of efficient systems;
- Monitor project delivery and provide feedback on adherence with project deliverables;
- Provide internal reports as and when required to do so.
Project HR management
- Assist in recruiting and inducting project staff;
- Develop, in collaboration with HR, staff contracts and manage the termination of contracts;
- Co-manage and support delivery responsibilities of the line managers.
- Draft and write reports (donor reports);
- Liaise with donors (signing contract, requirements and request);
- Ensure that donor reports are submitted on time and according to donor guidelines and requirements.
Project financial management
- In collaboration with the finance team, develop an efficient financial reporting system;
- Manage and monitor the implementation of project budgets;
- Monitor project expense rates and budget adherence.
- Oversee the allocation of duties and responsibilities and manage performance delivery of staff.
- Oversee and manage the organisation’s Information and Technology infrastructure;
- Manage external IT service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, project management, business administration or other related field;
- Minimum of eight years experience in operations/programme management area;
- Experience in interacting and engaging with donors and writing donor reports;
- Experience in recruiting, training and overseeing staff and consultants; experience navigating and mediating staff matters;
- Experience in budget management and reporting;
- Experience in the development of project monitoring and tracking systems;
- IT knowledge and acumen.
- Advanced strategic perspective;
- Excellent written, report writing and spoken communication;
- Advanced networking and relationship building;
- Advanced project/operational management;
- Advanced planning and organising;
- Advanced HR management and coaching;
- Advanced project monitoring and tracking;
- Intermediate IT skills;
- Intermediate financial, accounting and budgeting;
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to changing needs (deadlines and priorities);
- Ability to manage a high volume of work with minimal supervision;
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues, donors and clients;
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail and follow-up;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary package range: R450 000 – R600 000 per annum (inclusive).
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to Trudy Ajibogun at TAjibogun@csvr.org.za and reeferrence: OPS MGR.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.