FASfacts is a NGO, which aims to educate the general public on the effect of alcohol consumption during pregnancy on the unborn baby, as well as the influence that people with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) have on each individual in particular and the broader community in general. FASfacts make use of Experiential Learning to convey the FAS message in local communities and nationally throughout South Africa. In order to reach these communities we establish satellite operational offices.
FASfacts seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in its offices in Worcester, Western Cape.
This is a one-year contract position renewable depending on the required work performance and availability of continued funding from Department of Social Development.
Brief motivational interviewing of individuals consisting of:
- Screening for problematic substance use;
- Comprehensive assessment;
- Provide client feedback;
- Set goals and provide advice for change;
- Present clients with treatment options;
- Monitoring and referral where applicable;
- Group intervention: Early recovery skills and relapse prevention;
- Educational programmes on facts about alcohol and drug abuse;
- Educating and monitoring clients in health during pregnancy;
- Educating and monitoring clients in parenting skills and a healthy family life;
- Facilitation of involvement in self-help groups;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the recommended interventions by providing continuous support, counselling, guidance and advice to the affected individuals, groups, families and communities.
- Degree in Social Work;
- Minimum of one-year year of substance abuse experience will be a recommendation;
- Proof of registration with the SACSSP;
- Exceptional organisational, administrative and report writing skills;
- Valid code 8 driver’s licence with driving experience;
- Computer literate (Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Candidate must be a non-smoker and have no alcohol and other substance dependencies.
To apply, submit a CV to FASfacts’ Office Administrator, Nadia Plaatjies at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 023 342 7001.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only candidates on our shortlist will be contacted.
For more about FASfacts, refer to www.fasfacts.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.