New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is a non-governmental organisation that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Chief Financial Officer, based in Sandton, Gauteng.
The Trust is looking to recruit a suitable candidate to prove overall leadership for loveLife’s finances, ICT and accounting processes to ensure financial stability and sustainability. The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- Financial stability- General management of the National Finance Department:
- Developing financial policies and procedures to assist in the management of processes
- Ensuring that PFMA,GAAP,IAS,IFRS accounting standards are applied
- Audit Management- Effective management of internal and external audits
- Ensuring all audits are conducted in line with auditing principles;
- Ensure all Audit and Risk requirements are adhered to;
- Budget Forecasting and Planning;
- Ensuring that all departmental budgets are done accurately;
- Ensuring that the reporting budget is signed and finalised on time;
- Ensure that budgets are prepared as per donor requirements;
- ICT Management- Management of the National ICT Department;
- Implement new technologies in line with the IT strategy;
- FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY- Donor relationship Management for the full cycle of the relationship- from preparation of financial projections for donor proposals to final audit at the end of the contract;
- Work closely with the New Business Development Unit to determine the social return of investment for every grant received;
- Ensuring that Donor reports are done in line with donor requirements and on deadline;
- Assume full responsibility and ownership of Donor Reporting, Management and Requirements;
- Short term, Medium and Long term Investment;
- Determine the loveLife long-term investment policy and guidelines in line with the limitations placed by the Non Profit Act;
- Liaison with Kurisani Investment Trust to constantly explore opportunities for growing the investment portfolio for the benefit of loveLife;
- Provide strategic leadership for the development and expansion of the loveLife advisory services, in line with the limitations placed by the Non Profit Act and other relevant legislation;
- Board of Trustees and Audit and Risk Subcommittee;
- Ensuring the implementation of all finance related resolutions passed at legally constituted.
- MBA/ Doctorate;
- B.Comm Accounting/Finance/ CIMA , CA ( SA ), an advantage;
- 10 years Financial Management Experience at an Executive level;
- Strong and proven leadership;
- A strong networker in business, government and development sectors;
- Experience in developing and implementing financial policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting, including reporting requirements of major government and Aid agencies;
- Human Resources management experience;
- A keen interest in development work, especially among young people;
- Self-initiator, pro-activeness;
- Knowledge on Enterprise Wide Risk Management;
- Practical knowledge of Pastel Evolution and Axia Payroll will be an advantage.
Total remuneration package: R950 000 per annum, cost to company.
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.