AMANDLA EduFootball (AMANDLA)
AMANDLA EduFootball (AMANDLA) is an international nonprofit organisation that has a base in both, South Africa and Germany. AMANDLA’s mission is to create safe spaces that bring together the power of football and learning to empower youth and change lives.
AMANDLA EduFootball seeks to appoint a full time Youth Leadership Programme Manager to manage all aspects of the Youth Leadership Programme at its Safe – Hub, based in Gugulethu, Cape Town.
The scope of the position requires overall coordination of Operations, Human Resource Management and Personal Development of the Youth Leaders. It also encompasses the management of all related support functions e.g. Training Service Providers. The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager.
- Planning and Management of all aspects of the Youth Leadership Programme;
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual operational reports;
- Maintain, build and strengthen existing and new relationships with partner organisations and service providers relevant to the Leadership programme;
- Completion of all required administration in support of the Leadership Programme;
- Management of all financial aspects of the Programme to ensure programme is implemented in line with the allocated budget;
- Conducting required internal audits to ensure and maintain quality standards.
- Management of the recruitment and registration process of all Youth Leaders;
- Monitoring attendance of Leadership Programme Participants at all Programme activities both internally and externally;
- Ensuring compliance with Human Resource Policy and Procedure;
- Conducting regular Performance and Development Appraisals with Youth Leaders;
- Setting individual objectives for each Leadership participant in line with programme goals and reviews performance against objectives;
- Mentor, Coach and Guide Youth Leaders and ensure their overall personal development.
- Manage the conduct of Youth Leaders to ensure it is compliant with conduct standards and supports the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Assist in the process of programme review and put forward proposals for programme enhancement and development;
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and assist with the preparation of related events;
- Promote the organisation’s mission, vision and values;
- Understand the organisation’s competency framework;
- Understand the organisation’s programme structure and programmatic objectives.
- Recognised Bachelor's degree/Diploma in Social Sciences/Human Resources/Business Administration with three years related experience;
- Minimum of five years experience in administration/coordination;
- Ability to manage and control spend to budget;
- Ability to facilitate, coach and train both one on one and with large groups;
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office;
- Basic understanding of Human Resource Management and practical implementation of related policy and procedure;
- Ability to coordinate activities within a complex environment and ensure activities are completed both timeously and to the required standard;
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills;
- Bilingual – English and Afrikaans – both verbal and written;
- Self-motivated – ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to use initiative and be accountable for results;
- Keen interest in sport and physical activity;
- Strong commitment to making a difference in young people’s lives;
- High integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages) including three relevant contactable references, motivational letter (one page), and current contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Mrs Cindy Nolan, AMANDLA EduFootball | 302 Salt Circle| 19 Kent Street | Salt River 7925 | Cape Town | 27 (0)21 447 8261.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about AMANDLA EduFootball, refer to www.edufootball.org.
For more about The Teddy Bear Clinic for Abused Children, refer to http://ttbc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.