Uhambo Foundation and Shonaquip (The Shonaquip Social Enterprise)
The Uhambo Foundation is a nonprofit/PBO that focuses on improving the lives of children with mobility disabilities through the provision of mobility devices, clinical support, capacity building and the delivery of programmes including Early Childhood Development, Parent and Caregiver Training and other support initiatives.
Shonaquip, the Social Enterprise is a social enterprise with a hybrid model comprising Shonaquip (Pty) ltd. Shonaquip was founded in 1992 as a social enterprise to provide appropriately fitted wheelchairs, capacity-building training for local wheelchair practitioners and to provide empowerment and advocacy programs for people with disabilities, their parents and caregivers living in Africa. Shonaquip has grown into an internationally acclaimed and award-winning company. A key ethos has been to create an inclusive and empowering environment for people with disabilities. This is manifested in innovative product development and the commitment to reduce barriers to access and create an inclusive work place. For more about Shonaquip, refer to www.Shonaquip.co.za.
Uhambo works to promote and support the rights and effective equal participation of children and youth with mobility disabilities; to create opportunities for and assist in the development of these children and youth and to provide appropriate holistic, needs driven support services, to positively impact their physical function and quality of life.
Uhambo Foundation seeks to appoint a Stakeholder Relationship Manager, based in Cape Town.
This position is open to Stakeholder Relationship Managers, Fundraisers and those with experience in Social Enterprise and NPO Media, Marketing.
The successful candidates will be able to work independently and have a strong interest and commitment to the vision and values of Shonaquip, the Social Enterprise.
- Stakeholder and relationship management;
- Proposal and report writing;
- Social media and publicity;
- Document preparation;
- Intra and extra organisational communication;
- Collation of stories and media required for communication to all stakeholders;
- Newsletter generation and distribution;
- Marketing and other material generation.
- Minimum of three years experience in stakeholder and relationship management, fundraising and or marketing;
- Candidates need to have a valid driver’s license and will be expected to travel to project sites and clinics in order to gather information and manage selected stakeholder relationships at project sites where needed;
- Relationship and Stakeholder Management;
- Proposal and report writing;
- An understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation processes;
- Marketing and Social Media;
- Document Preparation, layout and design experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Outlook;
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, manage time and prioritise with minimum supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent team work skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Research experience.
Salary: A competitive salary dependent on experiencee will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV and a one-page motivation letter to the General Manager, Sarah Driver-Jowitt at sarah@uhambofoundation.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.