The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB)
The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) is a leading marine nonprofit organisation with a vision to conserve seabirds and other sea-life, especially threatened species such as the African penguin. As an organisation SANCCOB has experienced exceptional growth over the past five years in its core conservation activities of rehabilitation, oiled wildlife response, specialist veterinary service, research and education.
SANCCOB seeks to appoint a Procurement and Inventory Officer , based in Cape Town.
The function of the Procurement and Inventory Officer is to ensure that stock and supplies are sourced, purchased, received and managed in a controlled and responsible manner to ensure maximum savings and financial efficiency for the organisation.
The Procurement and Inventory Officer will be responsible of procurement and control of all supplies and stock; the recording and allocation of invoices; and logistic support to all departments and projects of the organisation. S/he will be reporting to the Business Manager.
- Set procurement protocols with the Business Manager, and be responsible for the consistent implementation of procurement practises
- Understand the “buying needs” and “buying purpose” at SANCCOB and ensure that cost-effective and efficient measures are implemented
- Understand and work within an approved budget
- Regulate major suppliers and maintain a preferred vendor master file
- Work together with the Fundraising Department to ensure that maximum discounts and savings are negotiated on all purchases
- Stock control:
- Set up and implement stock control protocols with all the users at SANCCOB
- Ensure that all stock is duly received and accounted for
- Monitor usage of supplies and stock, and be responsible for identifying areas where the optimized use of supplies and stock can result in savings for SANCCOB; Be responsible for the pro-active implementation of measures to prevent and limit wastage
- Financial responsibilities:
- Ensure that all invoices comply with SANCCOB’s financial SOP’s
- Ensure all invoices have the supporting documents required before submitting for approval
- Allocate expenses on invoices, on a weekly basis
- Submit invoices to Business Manager for sign-off on a weekly basis
- Deal with financial queries related to all purchases and vendor details at SANCCOB
- Support the Department Heads in implementing and managing their expenditure budgets
- Logistic support:
- Provide logistic support by liaising with service providers to ensure the timeous execution of all projects and operations at SANCCOB
- Manage SANCCOB’s imports
- Provide procurement and inventory support for on-site and off-site wildlife response operations
- Ensure company vehicles are maintained and usage is controlled
- Minimum of three years experience in procurement, logistics and stock management;
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills;
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload;
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure;
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and experience working in a non-profit organization will be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV with at least two contactable references (maximum of three pages) and a motivation letter to the Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 557 8804.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
SANCCOB Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews. Applicants who have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date must please assume that their applications were not successful. SANCCOB reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about SANCCOB, refer to www.sanccob.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.