The Centre for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW)
The Centre for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW) is currently KwaZulu-Natal’s only registered wildlife rehabilitation centre dedicated to the protection and rehabilitation of all indigenous wildlife. From mongoose, genets and monkeys to birds and antelope, CROW represents a second chance at a free, safe and sustainable life for thousands of animals every year.
CROW is a registered nonprofit and public benefit organisation. It does not currently receive any government subsidies and is solely reliant on donations from the public.
CROW seeks to appoint a part-time Finance and Human Resources (HR) Officer, based at its centre located in Yellowwood Park, Durban in KwaZulu-Natal.
This is an initial one-year fixed term contract position with the option of becoming a permanent staff member upon the completion of the contract. The working hours will be Monday – Friday, 08h00 - 13h00.
The Finance & HR Officer will report directly to CROW’s Director.
- Advertise vacancies and shortlist prospective candidates;
- Schedule interviews nad Conduct reference checks;
- Maintain a file of CV’s from job seekers;
- Maintain and update all staff’s individual employment files;
- Assist in updating the organisation’s HR policies and protocols;
- Ensure the organisation is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations;
- Process staff leave applications and keep the leave register up to date;
- Submit monthly leave reports to bookkeepers & monitor staff leave;
- Distribute pay slips monthly and other HR documents as required;
- Handling staff HR queries.
- Manage and monitor petty cash and debit card expenditure by staff;
- Manage and monitor CROW’s monthly fuel spend;
- Banking cheques and running errands to the bank;
- Counting and recording donations from collection boxes and tins;
- Loading online payments, transfers and collections for authorization;
- Managing all debit orders;
- Issuing and keeping a record of all Section18A receipts;
- Arranging payment of annual licences and traffic fines;
- Sourcing quotes and invoices;
- Submit monthly reconciliations of bank statements, debit card expenditure and petty cash to bookkeepers;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for CROW’s Committee
- Preparation of and amendments to year-end financial statements for bookkeepers and auditors;
- Ensure annual tax clearance certificate is applied for and approved;
- Answer any queries from bookkeepers and or auditors.
- Monthly checks on CROW’s vehicles and trailers;
- Ensure vehicles are serviced on time and kept in good running order;
- Booking vehicles in for services;
- Compiling and submitting insurance claims.
- Checking the CROW post box at the post office and manage postage for staff;
- Providing general admin support to the CROW team including answering the telephone, taking messages, printing, faxing and emailing as and when required;
- Maintaining and updating the asset register when a new asset is purchased;
- Maintaining and updating CROW’s Insurance policies & submitting claims;
- Maintaining and updating CROW’s contracts with suppliers and service providers.
This is not a position where a large amount of training will be provided. CROW is looking for an experienced and competent individual who can hit the ground running and work unsupervised. In addition, the ideal candidate will need to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of five years experience performing the above duties;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Exceptional organisational skills;
- Meticulous and thorough, with a sharp eye for detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Team player who can interact and work closely with people from diverse backgrounds and work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment;
- Well spoken, presentable, professional and mature person who can uphold the organisation’s values of honesty, integrity, professionalism, compassion and commitment;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
No late applications will be considered. Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. If you have not had a response to your application by 26 June 2015, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Centre for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, refer to http://crowkzn.co.za/.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.