Founded in 1991, SCORE is a leading NGO working in the field of sport and development in South Africa. SCORE uses sport as a tool to achieve individual empowerment, and to engage and strengthen communities.
SCORE seeks to appoint a passionate Leadership and Life skills Facilitator who can also deliver sports training is required for the new Franschhoek Valley Community Sport Centre, based in Western Cape.
The successful candidate will also support existing programmes at the sports centre in Mbekweni, Paarl.
- Facilitation of sports leadership, coaching, and life skills courses/workshops for youth aged 12-20 years typically;
- Programme planning and implementation to meet project deliverables;
- Regular monitoring and reporting of programme activities, outputs and deliverables;
- Evaluation of courses, workshops and programmes to identify impact and areas for improvement, and to support outcome reporting;
- Developing training material to ensure that participants needs are met;
- Supporting all activity programmes at the centre, including events;
- Delivering training and coaching volunteers to ensure structured sports training is provided to children and young people attending the centre;
- Working with community stakeholders to support and facilitate community sport activities at the centre.
- Minimum Grade 12, with a degree preferable;
- Formal facilitation qualification and registered assessor;
- Minimum of three to five years demonstrated experience in facilitation and training;
- Experience working at community level with children and youth, preferably in a sports context;
- Valid driver’s licence is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate
- Awareness of the challenges faced by young people growing up in a township environment;
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation methods, with a proven record of monitoring and reporting;
- Proven track record in planning and implementing projects and delivering results;
- Ability to lead and work in a team;
- Computer literacy;
- Fluent in Xhosa and English.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about SCORE, refer to www.score.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.