The Adopt-A-School Foundation is a registered section 21 company based in Johannesburg. The principal aim of the Foundation is to encourage and mobilise individuals and companies to adopt schools. The main focus of the project is to support the creation and enhancement of a conducive learning and teaching environment.
The Adopt-a-School Foundation seeks to appoint a Programme Manager (Educationist), based in Johannesburg.
The person will identify social and skills development needs in schools and make recommendations for interventions. Coordinate, manage and monitor the implementation of the interventions by selected stakeholders.
- Feasibility Study;
- Social and skills assessment through interviews and questionnaires;
- Induction of schools and other relevant stakeholders such as the Department of Education.
- Propose intervention programmes for social and academic challenges;
- Prepare programme costing for the interventions;
- Establish a database of relevant and best practice NGOs and institutions to implement the programmes;
- Identify the service provider to implement the intervention programme;
- Together with the school and service provider develop a programme plan including dates and time for training (afternoons, Saturday or during school holidays);
- Involve the relevant subject advisor or department to ensure the intervention is in line with the DoE curriculum statements;
- Prepare data of OVCs in the school that do not receive grants and are without birth certificates and identify and involve government departments and NGO’s to assist.
- Induction of the School Management Team, School Governing Body, relevant stakeholders from Department of Education and service provider about the intervention programme;
- Ensure the school contract is completed and a detailed programme plan is submitted to all relevant stakeholders;
- Support school managing team and educators during development programmes;
- Motivate and encourage learners to participate in training and school based support;
- Assist service providers in organizing venues, catering and sending invites for training.
- Monitor and measure the quality of the intervention programme using the monitoring tool;
- Measure expenditure against the budget;
- With assistance of the SMT solve challenges on commitment and attendance of educators and learners to the programme;
- Order equipment and material relevant for the programme;
- Ensure that service providers issue certificates to educators.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programme;
- Manage project budget utilisation;
- Maintain proper budget reports;
- Manage the delivery of projects according to project plan;
- Review and update time plans if and when necessary.
- Compile and submit monthly or quarterly as per agreement with the funder;
- Administer the monitoring output tool and the demographics tool.
- Development of funding proposal and grant applications for potential donors;
- Conduct impact assessment and compile impact reports;
- Encourage community participation on project;
- Compile detailed profile for the school and community;
- Encourage and manage volunteerism in school;
- Plan and manage events;
- Filing of all project related documents.
- BA degree in education or Social science degree;
- Relevant experience in working schools, NGO’s, education sector and communities;
- Knowledge of education context that includes policies, systems, structures and curriculum;
- Sensitivity and flexibility to deal effectively with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including private and government sectors;
- Must have strategic planning skills, good communication skills and report writing skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent communication interpersonal, presentation and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of project planning and management;
- Good understanding of developmental issues in the context of government policies specifically education. Ability to learn new skills and adapt to different situations.
Salary: A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, email a cover letter, detailing your interest in and suitability for the position, as well as a CV with the contact details of three references, to Nhlanhla Baloyi at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Adopt-A-School Foundation, refer to www.adoptaschool.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.