Fetola is a NGO, enterprise development organisation that provides business support to Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMME) across the country. The organisation designs and implements flagship programmes that support the growth of small and emerging enterprises and community-based projects nationwide.
Fetola seeks to appoint a Regional Project Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
This is an exciting operations role for a capable, energetic individual to be responsible for coordinating the successful regional implementation of the Tholoana enterprise development programme. This role involves the implementation including planning, start-up, roll out & monitoring of effective growth strategies for black entrepreneurs in a range of sectors, in peri-urban and rural areas of the country.
Your role is to coordinate the provincial delivery of the programme, (training, mentoring, market access etc), to maintain contact with the local participating entrepreneurs and link this progress to the national programme managed through Fetola head office in Cape Town. You will be reporting to the National Programme Manager and receive guidance in Fetola systems and methodology.
Proven project management skills, effective written and verbal communications, the ability to work effectively without close supervision, and comfort with technology is required.
As a regional coordinator your role is of critical importance, and the responsibility that you will be given forms a very important part in the chain of results. For this reason all work should be completed with diligence under supervision from the Project Manager. Teamwork and ongoing two-way communication is critical.
- Establishment: Starting and implementing a new project;
- Results: Establishing and meeting project objectives, including individual programme elements;
- Monitoring: Tracking project progress, recording & interpreting results;
- Service Providers: Identify, appoint and manage project-related service providers;
- Liaison: Act as regional Fetola Liaison for project team, mentors and mentees;
- Support: Foster healthy mentor-mentee relationships;
- Administration: Maintain up to date and accurate administrative records;
- Logistics: Coordinate workshops including venue hire and planning;
- Added Value: Be proactive, engaged and effective in assisting the project manager his/her role ensuring project success.
- Relevant post-matric Diploma/University degree;
- Minimum of five years prior work experience, two years in similar field;
- Strong financial acumen/ book-keeper experience advantageous;
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle;
- Meticulous, detail-orientated, responsible;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic & results driven;
- Culturally sensitive and friendly open personality;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Keen fast learner, able to prioritise & manage own time;
- Willing to take personal responsibility for results and actions.
To apply, submit your CV outlining a detailed description of duties, the names of at least two contactable professional references, copies of your qualifications, location and desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title as the subject.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Candidate may be required to participate in competency based assessment.
Fetola Reserves the right to not make an appointment.
For more about Fetola, refer to www.fetola.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.