Adonis Musati Project (AMP)
The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was named after a young Zimbabwean man who died of starvation on the streets of Cape Town while queuing to get his asylum papers. The project strives to empower marginalised refugees and migrants in South Africa through fostering sustainable support networks and encouraging personal development that achieves lasting change.
AMP seeks to appoint a part-time Fundraiser to further expand its existing institutional and private donor base. This position is based in Cape Town.
The candidate will oversee and manage fundraising activities for AMP with the predominant aim of growing the organisation's base of institutional funders. The candidate will be well-supported by the Director and previous resource manager.
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to write persuasively while being succinct;
- Proven history of successful grant writing for national and international institutions;
- Existing network/relationship with institutional donors;
- Flexible and team player;
- Comfort working closely with higher management;
- Good time-management skills;
- Show attention to detail.
- Can-do attitude;
- Passion for people and strong care for plight of refugees and migrants;
- Determined and driven.
The candidate must be legally able to work in South Africa.
This role is likely to be very flexible with work-from-home possibilities and negotiable hours so as to suit both the successful candidate and the organisation. Salary structure can also be discussed.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A concise CV of no more than three pages
- A cover later which details grant writing experience
- A piece of formal writing/previous grant illustrating written skills (if available)
Enquiries: Miranda du Toit, e-mail: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
AMP reserves the right not to fill the role if no suitable candidates are found within a round of applications.
For more about the Adonis Musati Project, refer to www.adonismusatiproject.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.