ProBono.Org is an independent, client-based, nonprofit legal clearing house. It provides free legal services for the vulnerable and marginalised, (including, women, children) poor individuals and communities who suffer discrimination by reason of race, class, gender, and disability or by reason of social, economic and historical circumstances.
ProBono.Org seeks to appoint an Administrator, based at its Durban office, KwaZulu-Natal.
The Administrator will be the face and the voice of the organisation and will provide administrative functions and manage the telephone and front desk.
- Provide administrative and basic finance administration;
- Receive all visitors and telephone calls and screen persons seeking legal assistance and refer them to the most suitable legal clinic;
- Manage office databases;
- Prepare and take minutes for meetings;
- Track utilisation of office consumables and stationery and order consumables when needed;
- Ensure office orderliness and professional appearance.
- Minimum of Matric certificate;
- Fluency in English and isiZulu;
- Experience in the same/similar position;
- Advanced communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills. This requires a good telephone etiquette/manner and patience;
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritise work and manage deadlines;
- Dependable and responsible: follow instructions and respond to directions timeously;
- Excellent computer skills.
- A qualification in administration;
- The desire to work in the NGO sector.
Starting date: 1 May 2015.
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications which do not comply with the above, cannot be considered.
To apply, submit a CV with certified copies of qualifications and two contactable references and a motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about ProBono.Org, refer to www.probono.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.