Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR)
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) is an independent, non-governmental pan-African organisation, based in Cape Town, South Africa. Over the past 47 years, it has worked continentally to promote constructive, creative, and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflicts and the reduction of violence. It has produced ground-breaking research on African security and governance issues, has conducted extensive capacity-building training, and facilitated and mediated peace processes across Africa.
CCR’s Conflict Intervention and Peacebuilding Support (CIPS) project conducts training in conflict resolution, mediation, gender, human rights, and HIV/AIDS and security, and provides conflict resolution support and training in African countries such as South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Burundi, and South Sudan. It also works closely with African regional organisations and the United Nations (UN).
CCR seeks to applications from historically disadvantaged South Africans for the position of Intern in Conflict Intervention and Peacebuilding Support (CIPS), based in Cape Town.
- To assist in providing general administrative support to the Senior Manager, and Senior Project Officers;
- To compile workshop reports;
- To assist with the upkeep of financial records; and
- To assist in the organising of project meetings and workshops.
- Master’s degree in Conflict Resolution, Peace Studies, Social Sciences, African Politics, Gender, or in a related field;
- Knowledge and an understanding of the approaches and methodology of conflict resolution practices;
- Good verbal and written skills in English;
- Analytical, organising, and planning skills;
- Financial literacy; and
- Computer literacy, i.e. Microsoft Office and internet.
- Knowledge and an understanding of monitoring and evaluation;
- Fluency in African languages; and
- Working knowledge of French.
- This position involves national and international travel;
- The Intern will be allocated a mentor; and
- The successful candidate will be offered a three-month contract and structured on-the-job training.
To apply, submit the following to Mr. Fritz Brand and Ms. Raygana Davids in the Human Resources Cluster at CCR at email@example.com. Head your application “Vacancy” – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name:
- A comprehensive CV;
- A writing sample; and
- A letter of application motivating why you believe you are suitable for the post,
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.