2012 Impumelelo Innovations Awards
Impumelelo Social Innovations Centre
The Impumelelo Social Innovations Centre (Impumelelo Innovations Award Trust) is a nonprofit organisation that identifies, rewards, and promotes innovative public-private projects which improve the quality of life of the poor in South Africa.
Impumelelo invites entries for its 2012 Impumelelo Innovations Awards.
South African projects that improve the quality of life of the poor in creative ways are encouraged to apply. Projects that particularly focus on the empowerment and advancement of poor women in areas of maternal health, reproductive rights, leadership, small businesses, and the development of the girl child will be given high priority. Any other projects are also welcome to apply.
- Be evaluated by an independent assessor;
- Become part of Impumelelo’s national network of social innovation;
- Subject to a short-list, receive a monetary award to enable your organisation to share your success story;
- Be featured in various magazines and sector-based case studies that document your work. These publications are sent to civil society and all three tiers of government, including 283 district municipalities;
- Have the opportunity to train public officials and civil society leaders about your methodology in Impumelelo’s national best-practice master classes;
- Subject to your rating, be submitted to international award programmes such as the United Nations Public Service Awards and Dubai International Awards for Best-Practice;
- Be promoted by Impumelelo to encourage the replication of your project to national, regional and local media, government and donors.
For more about the Impumelelo Social Innovations Centre, refer to www.impumelelo.org.za.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-