Jembi Health Systems is a not for profit company specializing in Health Information Systems and Digital Health. We do work for Ministries of Health all over Africa (South Africa, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Mozambique,Uganda), and partner with international organizations like MSF, the Rockefeller Foundation, UNICEF, CHAI,MSH, CDC and USAID to provide software solutions to improve health outcomes in low resource settings.A large portion of our code is open source (check us out at https://github.com/jembi), and we run a tight-knit, awesome agile team, each with particular skills. We also run our sprints using JIRA.
Jembi Health Systems NPC, seeks to appoint a Mid-Level Node.js Software Engineer to be based in South Africa.
Employment Type: A one- year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured.
Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with the qualifications and experience.
All newJembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of web technologies and protocols
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience as a Mid- Level software engineer, with the ability to work within team
- Excellent coding skills and understanding of software design patterns and architecture.
- Use of Agile development practices
- Expertise in relational and NoSQL database development
- Ability to take ownership of the software deliverables and work unsupervised by senior developers
- Responsibility for risk management of the overall software product
- Mentorship of other software engineers
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience in public health sector
- Previous work with Electronic Health Record systems
- Docker experience would be advantageous
- Experience with React.js and Typescript and related frameworks
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to email@example.com and, include a
comprehensive CV, and letter of motivation. Please use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEMB-CDCWN-08.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race,Color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.