The Message Trust
The Message Trust South Africa exists to raise up generations of urban heroes, creating opportunities for tens of thousands of urban teenagers and young adults to hear the good news of Jesus in word and demonstrated in action.
The Message Trust seeks to appoint Office Manager to be based in Message South Africa L&E Centre, Mowbray, Cape Town.
Hours: Full Time Salary: B2
Start Date: 1st August 2021
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer
The Office Manager serves a critical finance and administrative function as part of the Message Operations Team. This post serves as the point of contact between our external accounting support and the Message leadership team. Additionally, the Office Manager will facilitate our donor care strategy as well as managing our building and other resources. The postholder will oversee a small team of staff involved in administrative and building maintenance work.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Financial Administration (Message and Gangstar)
- Oversee payment system and ensure all authorisations are obtained for invoices received.
- Load authorized payments on the banking system to ensure no late payments.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Issue invoices to customers, follow up and notify the Exec of outstanding amounts.
- Add new beneficiaries and collections on Nedbank system.
- Monitor collections batches and renew when expired.
- Review expense claims and prepare for reimbursement.
- Prepare spreadsheets to convert US and UK funds into rand before capturing onto system.
- Prepare volunteer spreadsheets.
- Capture and record all UK and US journals
- Provide all documentation and oversee communication with our external Account Manager.
- Prepare monthly payroll spreadsheet.
- Liaise with department/project leaders relating to reports, events and petty cash needs.
- Provide income and fundraising reports.
- Perform all banking duties as required.
- Liaise with Message UK and US finance department.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Oversee/maintain the petty cash fund.
- Document and oversee internal controls.
Database Management and donor care:
- Assist in the development and implementation of our donor care strategy.
- Work with the COO to maintain The Message Trust donor care and management system (Salesforce)
- Prepare and send thank you letters, distribute annual report and Section 18A certificates to all donors. Utilise Salesforce to provide fundraising support to all Message staff for events, donor leads and grant funding applications.
- Provide monthly donor care reports to the COO.
Building management and administration:
- Manage building access including keyholders, security etc.
- Maintain and manage Message merchandise and promotional material.
- Oversee the buildings and resource team (cleaning and maintenance staff) and junior administrative staff.
- Manage all internal bookings of The Message facilities.
- Manage relationship with external service providers relating to activities at the Message Leadership & Enterprise Centre (alarm, pest control, etc.)
- Serve as our POPI and Child Protection Officer.
- Document management and filing for all Message partnership, lease, building, vehicle (etc.) documentation.
- Assist the Executive Team of the Message Trust to deliver high standard successful key organisation fundraising events which are Message Night, Urban Heroes, Triple Challenge and Be a Hero campaign (Monthly Donors campaign).
- Provide support for all Message staff events such as: prayer days, Christmas functions, staff celebrations, annual retreats/planning events.
- Provide a monthly report form to COO and CEO on the 25th of each month for the previous month activities.
- Attend weekly devotions and staff meeting.
- Attend monthly prayer day.
To apply, please send your CV and a one page motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about Message Trust South Africa, refer to www.messages.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies