Teach The Nation
Teach the Nation is the Official South African representative of the Teach for All Global Network. Our Movement aims to drive systemic change towards an inclusive and equal South Africa by developing local leadership through Education.
Teach The Nation, recruits a network of exceptional leaders, who will work as a team, to continuously change the inequity that characterises our education system.
Our network of leaders, become a talent pool from which under-serviced schools in the Western Cape will invite the most inspiring young leaders to a final interview as part of a selection process to lead through Education for the 2022 academic year.
By becoming part of our inspiring pool of leaders, it means that the school knows that you are currently a graduate professional, with the skills and competencies needed to change the lives of students in high-needs schools because of your potential to be a changemaker in classrooms and communities.
If you are successful after the final interview with the school, you become part of a network of South Africa’s most inspiring young leaders appointed into a two-year leadership development fellowship in high-needs schools, with teaching as a window of opportunity for your leadership development.
Are YOU one of these?
- change maker
- role model
Help them to be their best and to fulfil their potential!
As a FELLOW, YOU will receive the following:
- Leadership skills developed through powerful teaching methodologies to drive impacts throughout their leadership careers
- Long-Term leadership development and support as Teach the Nation and Teach for all Global Network Alumni
- Coaching and mentoring from our experienced coaches and subject specialists
- Access to National and Global networks of Learning Communities
You will stand an even better chance if you have:
- Servant leadership potential and strong beliefs that your contribution at Teach the Nation can enable many children from under-serviced communities in South Africa to achieve their dreams,
- Motivation and aim to influence our learners, to break the cycle of inequity and poverty and
- A strong track record of demonstrated leadership outcomes and outstanding achievement, excellent problem-solving ,critical thinking skills, and a can-do attitude!
What will your duties and responsbilities be?
- Empower students with strong belief of their capacity in contributing to the edifice of building a prosperous for all South Africa
- Set high expectations for your students and build a culture of achievement in the classroom
- Design effective lesson plans tailored to students’ needs
- Provide one-on-one mentorship approaches of teaching to keep students engaged and motivate them to learn
- Design and make use of learning aids to create a conducive learning environment for students
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders and community members in order to provide comprehensive care for their students
- Administer and analyse assessments in order to monitor students’ academic progress
- Organise parent meetings to engage them in the learning skills of their children
- Research, plan and implement projects to address one primary challenge to students’
- Creatively inspire and engage with the students inside and outside the classroom
Qualification & Accreditations:
You must be a graduate of a 360 credit (NQF level 7) degree or advanced diploma from a recognised higher education institution.
Attributes & Behaviours:
- Resilience and perseverance
- Critical thinking
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for something greater than themselves
Apply here for the opportunity: https://bit.ly/2Yy7uPr or on teachthenation.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies