Childline Western Cape
LifeLine/Childline Western Cape aims to cultivate and grow emotional health in individuals and communities; by preventing and healing emotional trauma and crisis through counselling, training and capacity building, and engaging and mobilising communities.
LifeLine/Childline Western Cape seeks to recruit a Social Work Manager, based in the Cape Town.
Start date: 1 March 2018
Fixed Term Contract
The purpose for this position is to manage, develop, monitor and ensure the professional implementation of the Child Witness Project (CWP) strategy for psycho-social and therapeutic support for child witnesses and their families within the court context or other.
- Manage and develop any new initiatives related to the CWP
- Iiaise with relevant partners and stakeholders and be involved in advocacy efforts
- Initiate and manage research that is relevant to the project
- Manage the HR component relevant to the project
- Full spectrum of managing a project including staff management and Monitoring and Evaluation of a project
- Experience in working therapeutically with children
- Presentation and Facilitation skills including the development of training and therapeutic materials
- People Skills
- Written and spoken English and Afrikaans
- Communication skills
- Numerical skills including budgeting and collation and analysis of statistical data
- Computer literate
- Networking skills
- Knowledge and understanding of children's rights issues and legislation in South Africa
- Team Player
- Willingness to travel
- Driving licence and own transport (not negotiable)
To apply, submit CV with certified copies of qualifications plus salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org or via direct fax to 0867327022.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
For more about the LifeLine/Childline Western Cape, refer to www.lifelinewc.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies