m2m is an Africa-based, global non-governmental organisation (NGO) that unlocks the potential of mothers and their families through scalable, high-impact interventions because a healthy generation starts with mothers. Since 2001, m2m has scaled its programmatic platform across nine countries to provide education and support to almost 1.5 million HIV-positive women through its Mentor Mother Model; a widely supported, evidence-based peer intervention.m2m’s peer mentor platform is designed to provide optimal identification and management of at-risk and high-need clients. Through the entry point of engaging mothers, m2m’s family-centered approach integrates services to meet the needs of women, children, adolescents, and male partners. m2m’s peer mentor-based service delivery addresses key determinants of health, increases knowledge and skills among clients and their families, and strengthens referrals and linkages between community and health facilities. Fifteen years of data demonstrate m2m’s outcomes: retaining women and their families in care; supporting treatment adherence for individuals infected and affected by HIV; driving social and behavior change for HIV prevention, care and treatment; and improved sexual and reproductive health (SRH). m2m’s peer mentors work both at the individual level—providing information and linking to resources, boosting motivation and behavioral skills, and building a sense of self-efficacy and control to foster healthy behaviors and skills acquisition; and at the community and institutional levels—engaging social networks, combating harmful social norms, and strengthening health systems.
The Senior Grants & Compliance Officer is responsible for grant administration and ensuring compliance with Donor rules and regulations per agreements with Donors. The Senior Grants & Compliance Officer works closely with and supports other m2m departments to ensure organisational compliance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Review, negotiate and facilitate signature of prime award agreements.
- Draft, review, negotiate and facilitate signature of commercial agreements.
- Facilitate set up of new awards and modifications of awards in financial management system.
- Assist to ensure data integrity of awards in the financial management system.
- Support preparation and submission of Donor approval requests.
- Manage m2m consultancy process.
- Assist to develop standard templates and terms and conditions for sub-awards, subcontracts, commercial agreements.
- Assist to develop, review and implement award/sub-award management associated procedures.
- Assist to develop training materials.
- Manage compliance of deliverables submissions.
- Support country office compliance and governance.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on compliance issues and questions.
- Assist to ensure compliance with donor regulations and m2m policies.
- Assist to facilitate training sessions.
- Conduct annual assessment of donor branding and marking compliance.
- Identify and inform Donor policy requirements.
- Assist with development and implementation of policies, as required.
- Assist with regular review and updates of m2m policies.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business or relevant field preferred.
- At least 5 - 8 years relevant experience in U.S. federal and/or private grants/contracts management. Experience with U.S. federal government funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and grant management.
- Demonstrated expertise with researching, interpreting, and applying donor regulations. Knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, federal cost principles, OMB circulars, administrative requirements, and other applicable rules and regulations regarding implementation of federal awards is required.
- Experience with corporate governance management preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative and ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Strong planning, organisational, analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
- Ability to learn complex procedures swiftly and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail, administrative, organisational and written and verbal communication skills are essential functions of this position.
- Fluency in English.
- Working independently within expressed parameters, regularly scheduled tasks and adherence to strict deadlines is essential.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 20 February 2018