Data Artistry Retreat – 13 to 15 November and 16 to 17 November 2017
Opportunity closing date – 6 November 2017
Data Artistry is the exploration of ways to combine technical skills and tools with creativity and critical thinking to construct and convey compelling stories to your teams, donors, managers and other stakeholders with beautiful, well presented data. It is about learning how to draw on the perceptual and information processes to craft and communicate evidence-based findings to inform decision-making and support organizational learning.
Sign up for these modules to build your data communication skills and toolkit – and to find the fun in data >>>
MODULE 1: Introduction to Data Storytelling and Visualization
- 13-15 November (2.5 days)
- R6,200 ex VAT per person
- Beginner level
- Develop basic skills to conceptualize data stories, use simple tools and software to visualize data and communicate key data messages to your stakeholders
MODULE 2: Create your own Dashboard and Infographic
- 16-17 November (2 days)
- R5,500 ex VAT per person
- Intermediate level
- Learn how to create a dashboard using MS Excel and an infographic using Piktochart for digital data communication (email, web, or print formats).
DISCOUNTED RATE if you register for both Module 1 and 2: R10,500 ex VAT
The lead facilitator, Jerusha Govender, brings a wealth of M&E and data viz experience working in 10 African countries. She is the founder of Data Innovator and a board member of SAMEA. She has been a key note speaker at the MERLTech conference in Washington DC, and has been featured in Entrepreneur SA, Destiny and Destiny Man magazines.
The co-facilitators, Darryl Crossman and Geeta Morar are passionate M&E and data creatives, bringing fresh insights to data use from over a decade of combined experience in the development sector.
- Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/7thStP8zjXWKxk9u1
- Details on the Modules here: https://datainnovator.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/data-artistry-course-overview-and-modules.pdf
- Contact Saneli Mavundla on email@example.com or +2779 544 9581 with any queries.
You will leave the Data Artistry Retreat with a creativity boost, as well as resources and new tools to continue the data fun in your workplace!