AIDS Foundation of South Africa
COMMUNITY SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING (CSS) MANAGER
3 Year Fixed Term Contract
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) has been selected by the South African Country Coordinating Mechanism to serve as one of the Principal Recipients for the new funding grant from the Global Fund to fight HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria (GF) for the funding cycle commencing April 2016.
AFSA wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Community Systems Strengthening Manager to manage the capacity building and training department for this programme. Suitable applicants must reside in Durban and have an availability to travel regularly. Applicants must have the ability to work in a demanding and high pressured environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, managing the CSS Department, ensuring compliance with SETA and organisational guidelines, policies and procedures; development of CSS operational plans; developing curriculums and training interventions, ensuring CSS deliverables and targets are reached; managing and tracking CSS budget and procurement in accordance with donor guidelines and assisting finance manager with budget reviews; preparation of CSS program’s narrative reports.
- Bachelors degree in Education, Health Sciences, Informatics or related field
- Qualification in training of ABET and ABET methodology an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within capacity building, health or social development
- 2 years in a supervisory/management role
- Previous experience working with SETAs’ and in community strengthening essential
- Previous experience in curriculum and materials development essential
- Experience in the management of multiple sub-recipients advantageous
- Valid driver’s license required and one year’s driving experience essential
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV (no more than 1MB in size – please do not include certificates) with the reference CSSM in the subject line via e-mail to the AIDS Foundation of South Africa for the attention of Linda at email@example.com no later than the 7th March 2016.
Candidates who have not been contacted by the end of March 2016 may assume that they have not been successful in their application. Please note that shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment.