Call for Expressions of Interest to Support Implementation of the USAID South Africa Low Emissions Development Program
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., has been contracted by USAID Southern Africa to implement the South Africa Low Emissions Development Program (SA-LED). The aim of SA-LED is to support the Government of South Africa to transition to a low-carbon economy by promoting green growth.
The core objectives of SA-LED are:
- Strengthen project development capacity for low emissions development projects
- Increase core competencies for implementation of low emissions development projects through technical assistance and learning.
Chemonics International Inc. seeks individuals and companies to support the SA-LED team in the implementation of this 5-year program. We are seeking individual consultants and companies with technical, financial, legal, and regulatory experience in the following low emissions development sectors:
- Renewable energy (biogas, biomass, wind, solar, cogeneration)
- Sustainable transport (non-motorised transport, electric vehicles, low carbon fuels)
- Energy efficiency
- Energy storage
- Green Buildings/Eco-Districts
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Waste Management.
We also seek individuals and companies with the following capabilities:
- Project development
- Project finance
- Technology evaluation
- Regulatory analysis
- Gender and youth integration
- Revenue, tariff, financial modelling
- Capacity development
- Development planning
- Greenhouse gas monitoring, reporting and verification
- Communications and outreach.
We are seeking mid-level and senior consultants in the above-mentioned fields:
- Mid-level consultants: Bachelors to Masters degree and minimum 5-8 years relevant experience.
- Senior consultants: Bachelors to PhD degree and minimum of 8-15 years relevant experience.
- Proven experience in key areas listed above with proven ability to implement projects and achieve program targets
- Strong ability and desire to work collaboratively with SA-LED team and other partners
- Excellent English communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in building capacity of local partners
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multi-level context
- Leadership, versatility and integrity
Interested individuals and companies must submit an expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) and a detailed CV(s).
Non-governmental organisations are also encouraged to submit expressions of interest.
Send electronic submissions by 7 March 2016 to email@example.com.
Please use “SA-LED Consultants” as the subject line.
Please direct any enquiries about this call for expressions of interest to Linda Manyuchi on 012 346 0848 or e-mail LManyuchi@southafricaled.com.